Is the annual battery check the dealer does of any use?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomcon

I have a 2018 now going on 4 yrs old, about 24k miles. Battery is still at 12 bars. Is the report going to tell me anything useful? It doesn't really seem to be useful to me. Given you are at 12 bars, could anything be "discovered" by the evaluation they do?

But i see that it seems to be required annually for the battery warranty. Maybe charging for an annual inspection that tells you little (my suspicion) is a way of indirectly making the owner pay for a maintenance contract on the battery??

But if i am already at 4 yrs old and still at 12 bars, it seems unlikely I'd ever use the battery warranty, unless it takes a sudden dive, which seems very unlikely. Do you all agree?

I guess the question is, does everybody just get that annual Maintenace report and pay for it, because it's required for the battery warranty, or do some of you out there just advise to skip it and save the $$, given what i said above about my situation, above?

Thanks much for some opinions on this!

I had it done recently at no charge- should be covered so you can bicker about that if you want. My Leaf was under the 3 year warranty period but over the 36K miles when it happened.

tomcon said:
I have a 2018 now going on 4 yrs old, about 24k miles. Battery is still at 12 bars. Is the report going to tell me anything useful? It doesn't really seem to be useful to me. Given you are at 12 bars, could anything be "discovered" by the evaluation they do?

But i see that it seems to be required annually for the battery warranty. Maybe charging for an annual inspection that tells you little (my suspicion) is a way of indirectly making the owner pay for a maintenance contract on the battery??

But if i am already at 4 yrs old and still at 12 bars, it seems unlikely I'd ever use the battery warranty, unless it takes a sudden dive, which seems very unlikely. Do you all agree?

I guess the question is, does everybody just get that annual Maintenace report and pay for it, because it's required for the battery warranty, or do some of you out there just advise to skip it and save the $$, given what i said above about my situation, above?

Thanks much for some opinions on this!
The first two "annual battery checks" are suppose to be free, though I've had to argue with dealerships about it when they want to charge hundreds of dollars in labor to do it. Technically, suppose to be for the "battery" warranty. As has been mentioned, before, seems Nissan doesn't care as much when warranty replaces your main pack. You might have run out the 36K bumper-to-bumper warranty, but those cost are small compared to having to replace the entire main pack, which is what the 8 year, 100K warranty is for.

You will get a whole universe more of information from LeafSpy than the simple, mono-color chart, piece of paper they give you. :lol:

Back