Need a Module Layout for 40 kWh Battery Pack

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanton

Title says it all: I'm sure someone on this great forum has the diagram/pics from a manual.
I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to replace the module associated with cell pair #41 in my pack at some point as it's weak and getting weaker. I know where I can buy a module, but at some point I need to find someone who works on EVs (like I did with my pack swap) to do the module swap. Like I tell people, Nissan is in the business of selling cars (not battery packs), and the local dealer just about freaked out when they realized I don't have the original pack in my car...not to mention their labor estimates are out of sight.
Thanks in advance!

LeftieBiker said:
I think that such a diagram has been posted or linked, but it was years ago, and I don't know in which topic. Good luck.
And I'm pretty sure it was for the smaller (Gen1) pack.
My basic problem is: I need to know which of the 24 modules contains cell pair #41...and where that module (physically) is in the 40 kWh pack.

You could buy the service manual for a 40 kWh LEAF. I think the Nissan service manual for my 2019 SL Plus shows the cell arrangement of the 62 kWh pack, but I don't know if it also shows the 40 kWh pack. I will not be at the garage where I keep the disk for a couple weeks, but will look for a diagram then.

GerryAZ said:
You could buy the service manual for a 40 kWh LEAF. I think the Nissan service manual for my 2019 SL Plus shows the cell arrangement of the 62 kWh pack, but I don't know if it also shows the 40 kWh pack. I will not be at the garage where I keep the disk for a couple weeks, but will look for a diagram then.
Thanks @GerryAZ.
I won't be doing this for awhile (as long as that weak cell doesn't force my hand). I tried some balancing "tricks" a couple weeks ago, but the delta just widened again. :shock:

Back