New 2023 SV Plus impressions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyct

Leaf Supporting Member
I just picked up a 2023 SV Plus and traded in my 2020 SL Plus with 16,000 miles. Here are some details and first impressions

I opted for Pearl White vs the Gray I traded in. Gray in Florida gets hotter than white.

It cost me $8,431 out the door with trade in, all taxes, fees etc.

After I file for $7,500 tax credit on my 2023 federal tax return the net cost will be $931. I originally was going to buy another gray which would have cost $400 less, but I like the pearl white better

I kept the cargo cover from my ‘2020 SL+
The cloth seats were actually slightly more comfortable than the stiffer leather in the 2020 SL
The radio in Sirius XM music is noticeably lower quality without the Bose with its sub woofer.
The lack of HomeLink garage opener rear view mirror is disappointing but I’ll work on fixing that
LeafSpy will not disable VSP noises even though LeafSpy selection exists and can be toggled

I paid for the car using a credit card to get the points which will be $126 cash. I’ll pay it off before any interest is billed. Both cars are paid for.

I’ve got to get used to the new bling wheels and the slightly different front end.

It drives almost exactly the same as my 2020 SL+ and my previous totaled 2019 SL+. It’s slightly tighter suspension, due to newness. . Driving it is like putting on a pair of old comfortable shoes. I’ve always enjoyed the handling of the leaf.

LeafSpy with 9 miles on the odometer shows the following after my initial test drive.
62 kWH AHr=172.44 SOH=99.62% 398.82V Hx= 97.61% odo=9 mi 1QC & 4 L1/L2s. 10 mV
Here’s LS numbers taken 2 weeks ago from my 2020 SL plus. So I lost 6% in 2 years and 16,000 miles here in hot Florida.
62 kWh AHr= 165.27 SOH= 93.69% 402.89v Hx= 90.78% odo=15,957, 3 QC, 341 L1/L2s 7 mV

Other screen on the 2023 :
721 GIDS @ 93.0% and SOC 94,5%. and SOH 99.62% Hx=99.61%

I’ll post numbers after I give it a full charge.

Congrats.

The radio in Sirius XM music is noticeably lower quality without the Bose with its sub woofer.

They always sound Crappy when delivered - even the Bose, although less so. Just go into the audio menu and tweak the EQ until you have more bass and whatever else you prefer. (I like more mid-range because of mid-range hearing loss, and less treble. I swear they hire librarians to determine the default audio settings).

LeftieBiker said:
Congrats.

They always sound Crappy when delivered - even the Bose, although less so. Just go into the audio menu and tweak the EQ until you have more bass and whatever else you prefer. (I like more mid-range because of mid-range hearing loss, and less treble. I swear they hire librarians to determine the default audio settings).

LeftieBiker,

Thanks for the tip. On the way back from picking up the car my wife said. “It needs more bass”. I’ll tweak the EQ a bit and see how it sounds.

I’m totally deaf in one ear and have significant hearing loss in the other. I wear special bicros hearing aids https://www.hear.com/hearing-aids/types/cros-bicros/ . In my younger years before loosing my hearing I played guitar and bass guitar in several rock bands. Now I miss the sounds of music that I loved.

Congrats.

My wife has noticed the same thing that the cloth seats are more comfortable for long drives as they are less still than are Leaf with Leather. They said, for short drives, she prefers the premium feel of te leather. I am a simple person, so cloth is fine for me.

The amp hours are better than I thought. My S+ at 98.2% SoC was only 173 amp hours, so I expected a larger difference.

Do you mind reporting the car weight on the door? Curious if that shifted much?

DougWantsALeaf said:
Congrats.

My wife has noticed the same thing that the cloth seats are more comfortable for long drives as they are less still than are Leaf with Leather. They said, for short drives, she prefers the premium feel of te leather. I am a simple person, so cloth is fine for me.

The amp hours are better than I thought. My S+ at 98.2% SoC was only 173 amp hours, so I expected a larger difference.

Do you mind reporting the car weight on the door? Curious if that shifted much?

The GVWR IS 4872 lbs, payload is 860 lbs. so empty weight would be 4872-860=4,012 lbs.

About an hour after first at home full charge LeafSpy reported:
AHr=172.42, SOH 99.61%, 403.41V, Hx=96.84%
739 GIDS, 95.4%, SOC= 97%

———————
Back 2 years ago my 2020 SL+ readings with 46 miles on it
AHr 174.57, SOH 98.96%, miles 398.36V, Hx=I 98.04%

2 weeks later with 250 miles on the odometer a slight improvement
AHr 176.12, SOH 99.84%,

Flyct said:
LeafSpy with 9 miles on the odometer shows the following after my initial test drive.
62 kWH AHr=172.44 SOH=99.62% 398.82V Hx= 97.61% odo=9 mi 1QC & 4 L1/L2s. 10 mV
Here’s LS numbers taken 2 weeks ago from my 2020 SL plus. So I lost 6% in 2 years and 16,000 miles here in hot Florida.
62 kWh AHr= 165.27 SOH= 93.69% 402.89v Hx= 90.78% odo=15,957, 3 QC, 341 L1/L2s 7 mV

Other screen on the 2023 :
721 GIDS @ 93.0% and SOC 94,5%. and SOH 99.62% Hx=99.61%

I’ll post numbers after I give it a full charge.

Wow, the math works out to a 62 kWH battery then (172.44 * 360 = 62,078) , I wonder if the marketing people made a typo when they advertised it as 60 kWH battery? :lol:

That was my first guess, given that other Nissan press releases have been less than perfect.

If you think the cloth seats are more comfortable now, just wait for sub-freezing temps. The leather turns into plywood, but the cloth stays soft.

LeftieBiker said:
That was my first guess, given that other Nissan press releases have been less than perfect.

If you think the cloth seats are more comfortable now, just wait for sub-freezing temps. The leather turns into plywood, but the cloth stays soft.

Leftie,

I remember those days. That’s why I left Rome NY and moved to Florida.

LeftieBiker said:

Leftie,

I remember those days. That’s why I left Rome NY (Griffiss AFB) and moved to Florida.

Thanks for this report! Fingers crossed I will be picking up a new 2023 SV+ in gun metal gray this week--either Wednesday or Friday. I emailed the sales manager yesterday and he said "the portal opens on Monday" and then he will know if the car is on the truck and ready to be delivered.

We are keeping our 2019 SL+ and trading in a 2016 Tiguan. I like the leather seats in the SL+ and wasn't too happy about the cloth, but I like hearing that the cloth is okay and comfortable. I also appreciate the audio tips. I don't listen to much music, mostly just Audible books, so everything sounds fine to me.

I have snow tires for the SL+ and I bought new wheels (and TPMS sensors)--everything is getting installed on Tuesday. It's not that cold yet here in Maine and we certainly haven't had any snow yet, but snow in November is not unusual. And, once the first snow of the season comes, the tire places are mobbed, so it is worth it to me to get this chore taken care of early.

I am debating if I need to buy snow tires and wheels for the 2023? Probably I should but I am having a feeling of spending lots of money this month! I just put a deposit down on a new heat pump which is scheduled to be installed in 2 weeks.

I think the issue with the cloth is just the anesthetic. Seats are comfy, just don't look premium at all.

And yes Leftie, in 0F Jan Weather, they are boards if you don't preheat.

LeftieBiker said:
I think that you mean Glenville? That's about 15-20 minutes from here.

Yep, Spell Check got me. Town of Glenville, village of Scotia.

I was in the military, just back from Viet Nam in 1969. We were married by the local Justice of the Peace in his basement home office. If I remember correctly he was also the owner of the local lumber yard. A colorful story.

Pretty country up there. (When it’s not winter)

Flyct said:
The lack of HomeLink garage opener rear view mirror is disappointing but I’ll work on fixing that
OTOH, not having the Bose subwoofer gives you a clean floor in the trunk.

Losing HomeLink would be a real bummer for me. I mean, really, how much would it have cost Nissan to include that, when SV+ is now their top trim on the Leaf.

oxothuk said:
Flyct said:

Losing HomeLink would be a real bummer for me. I mean, really, how much would it have cost Nissan to include that, when SV+ is now their top trim on the Leaf.

It’s a bummer for me also. I just ordered a Gentex Mirror with Homelink etc on eBay for about $60 delivered. Hopefully I can make it work. There’s power to the current mirror because it’s auto dimming. The mount looks the same. I’ll report back after I get it.

The mirror has a quick disconnect plug and it’s held on with a #25 torx screw. Iworst case I’ll have to wire the Homelink to the compass hit which won’t work unless the car is running. Not a big deal.

Flyct said:
oxothuk said:
Flyct said:

It’s a bummer for me also. I just ordered a Gentex Mirror with Homelink etc on eBay for about $60 delivered. https://www.ebay.com/itm/225146149510 Hopefully I can make it work. There’s power to the current mirror because it’s auto dimming. The mount looks the same. I’ll report back after I get it.

The mirror has a quick disconnect plug and it’s held on with a #25 torx screw. Iworst case I’ll have to wire the Homelink to the compass hit which won’t work unless the car is running. Not a big deal.

Back