Charging port.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zellero

The lockmecanism to my chargingport is broken.
Is it safe to unscrew the 3 torx?
Or will I get a kiss from the electric😆
I can't post images but the partnumber is 657A0-5SK0A
Thanks in advance.
I'm from Sweden so I hope you understand me..

No one wants to guess at an answer, get it wrong, and be responsible for your death or hospitalization. There are a couple of people here who have had the port off; hopefully they will respond soon.

I have not taken the port off, but you should be quite safe after you pull the main battery fuse/isolator. Even that should not be necessary if all the contactors are disconnecting as they should.

Leave at least 5 minutes after turning off to allow the capacitor in the motor controller to discharge as an additional precaution.

The part number you listed is the charge port door actuator. The actuator operates on 12V so you should be safe. Make sure the car is completely turned off before removal. As noted previously, pulling the traction battery service disconnect (located under a cover in the center of the car between the front and rear seats) would reduce any hazard.

GerryAZ said:
The part number you listed is the charge port door actuator. The actuator operates on 12V so you should be safe. Make sure the car is completely turned off before removal. As noted previously, pulling the traction battery service disconnect (located under a cover in the center of the car between the front and rear seats) would reduce any hazard.

Alright, so no problems if I pull the "main fuse". I know of experience that sometime when you take off the 12v battery, some problems may appear after you plug it back.
Has anyone made this procedure? So i know that it won't be any problems after i plug in the traction battery service plug.
Thanks for your answer

Back