System booting - 2020 Leaf SL+

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyct

Leaf Supporting Member
Friday night around midnight on a 150 mile trip, in the pitch black middle of nowhere remote rural road my nav turned off and rebooted unsuccessfully. This left me with no moving map screen and flackery radio controls. Fortunately I had my iPhone and continued on with the Apple Map.

The next morning I did a WiFi system software update and a WiFi map database update. Both appeared to complete smoothly but when I tried to enter a destination it stated no route found. About an hour later when we departed to return home I found my stored Home location and Wok locations were deleted.

NOW THE SCARY PART!
The NAV booting happened a few minutes after hitting (running over) an Armadillo at 65 MPH. I ran him over with the right front and rear wheels. No noticeable damage was observed but the noise when we hit it was frightening.

Very strange night. After hitting the Armadillo I immediately switched to tire pressure screen fearing a tire was destroyed. Our car was full, 2 people, 2 dogs, parrot in cage and trunk area full of stuff but no spare tire. . If I lost a tire at that dark, remote location after midnight it would have been a disaster. We were at least 30 miles from civilization and no T-Mobile cell phone reception.

Back