Interlock

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedster

I have been a happy Leafowner since 2014, and last winter i upgraded from the 24kwh battery to a 40kwh.
Now i have got another 2014 Leaf. This car has a interlock fault, and can not be driven. The battery have about 45% charge, but it is not possible to charge it. I have replaced the 12v battery. I have also disconnected the main battery connector, but so far without any change.
Anyone have any ideas?

Yesterday before I left the workshop I disconected the 12v-battery and put a charger on it, and today suddenly the car was ok!
I put the plastic cowers back on, and was planning to drive the car home, but then it was not able to drive again.
I ser that something is drawing about 1 amp from the 12v-battery even when the ignition is not on. This needs further investigation.

It is likely one of the relays in the motor compartment remaining on when it should turn off after a few minutes. Someone should be able to post a link to that discussion.

Back