OBDII port on RHD 2013 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My twins wriggled under the dashboard and plugged in the OBDII dongle, and used their Android phone to read the diagnostics. They've gone back to school in Italy. I can't find where they plugged the OBDII dongle in. Help!

I've looked on the web, but all the articles and youtubes seen to relate to LHD Leaves. These have a port below and to the left of the steering wheel. Mine doesn't seem to have this port. There must be some way of plugging it in, but I'm not as limber as the twins are, and I can't see where the OBDII port plugs in. Does anyone have a pic they can send me?

If you don't find a definitive answer you could try either just feeling around under the dash for the plug (the way I usually do it) or maybe start by using a mirror to locate the port. It's just a flat trapezoidal piece of plastic that is the same shape as the OBDII plug but in reverse.

I'd guess it's probably in a similar location to LHD cars but on the other side, but that's just a guess. In fact, it might even be on the LHD side of the car, regardless of where the steering wheel is located.

In US cars, it faces pretty much straight down so the plug will go in almost vertically, and of course is underneath the left side of the dash.

I think I'm going to have to take it in to a Nissan main dealer (there is fortunately one nearby) to set up Leaf Spy Pro, find out what the build month is, and get the 2G link working, none of which I have mastered after a month+ of ownership. It missed one service (50k miles) and is overdue for its 70k miles service.

So, I'm taking the wimp's way out.

Thanks for your suggestions.

"I'd guess it's probably in a similar location to LHD cars but on the other side, but that's just a guess. In fact, it might even be on the LHD side of the car, regardless of where the steering wheel is located."

It's an Japanese car, and Japan drives on the left, same as India and the UK (and lots of other countries). so I'd expect the port to be on the right. Nonetheless, I scrabbled around under the left, but all I found was a dead spider.

Yes, probably easier to just mirror the entire dash design and move everything to the opposite side for LHD vs RHD, but.;..it's a small piece with just a few wires so it could really go just about anywhere.

Back