Speed Limiter

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceebl

Hi,
I've not really been able to find a definitive answer anywhere.

I'm (hopefully) picking up my Leaf today it's a 2019 Tekna....does it have a speed limiter? Not cruise control, speed limiter.

And if so, how do you activate it?
Had a good play around in my test drive but couldnt see any option for it

Welcome. The only speed limiter the Leaf has is the one - always active - that prevents the car from going fast enough to put the simple one speed transmission at risk from over-revving. That being said, different years and battery configurations have different top speeds set, ranging from, IIRC, 89MPH to about 105MPH.

OP is outside the US, possibly the UK. Even gen 1 Leaf there had a speed limiter (example at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq-Ct7pC1Wc, skip to 0:55 or so). Can't speak to gen 2.

I've never heard of a speed limiter on US Leafs. In fact, I've never heard of US cars of any make or model w/such a feature. If it exists at all in the US, it's not common.

I've never heard of a speed limiter on US Leafs.

I'm fairly sure of this. If they didn't have one, then going downhill in a Leaf should result in a much higher top speed than driving on level highway. AFAIK, it doesn't - possibly excepting hills so steep that gravity alone can overcome the limiter.

I'm referring to a user settable limiter (e.g. in the video I pointed to) not existing on US Leafs, not the governed top speed of Leafs.

Ah, then we agree even as we argue. ;) I seem to recall seeing something in the Nissan Connect EV services menu about a notification if a certain speed is exceeded. I'm not sure of that, however.

EDIT: I just looked, and while I can't access details because I don't subscribe to the EV Services, there is a "Speed Alert" option, as well as a "Boundary Alert."

Don't think what the OP's looking for. BTW, Google for uk speed limiter mandated for some interesting/recent news on this subject.

I understand what they are looking for - I was just noting the feature closest to it, in case they had been misinformed by someone who had read about the speed alert.

Hi,

So i have my leaf now (gen 2) and accidentally stumbled on the limiter today!

For reference, its the button above propilot on the steering wheel :)

Back