opening touch screen?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdventureMuffin

Working on rebuilding the touchscreen for a 2013 Leaf. After opening the screen, disconnecting the 12 volt battery, and taking apart and putting back together the touchscreen, I powered up the car, closed the screen and....

a white screen....

Which tell me that some of the connections weren't correct. Problem is, the screen no longer opens up.

Is there a way to get the screen to relax into the 90 degree position?

And in replacing the touch screen, how to find a replacement for this model (SV)?

It's not very likely that starting a new topic will get you any more replies than posting in the existing one. I'll leave this one a few days, then merge it back.

It is possible pull the bottom of the screen out using your fingers. I've done it on 2011, 2013 and 2015 models. You will need good grip so you either need to have the unit out of the car, or if installed, have the fascia off of the car to expose the sides of the display.

AdventureMuffin said:
Working on rebuilding the touchscreen for a 2013 Leaf. After opening the screen, disconnecting the 12 volt battery, and taking apart and putting back together the touchscreen, I powered up the car, closed the screen and....

a white screen....

Which tell me that some of the connections weren't correct. Problem is, the screen no longer opens up.

Is there a way to get the screen to relax into the 90 degree position?

And in replacing the touch screen, how to find a replacement for this model (SV)?

Not 100% sure what you are asking, but it sounds like you just want to return the screen to the 90 degree position so I'm assuming it's currently tilted right now.

This video explains how to control the tilt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3CKXjGxSIs&t=49s

Short version: to cycle through the tilt positions, you need to press and hold the tilt button until it beeps - keep doing that until it returns to vertical

Back