What is this beep sound while driving?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahyar

I have a 2020 SV Plus and this double beep sound is heard many times (on average every one hour of driving). It is in second 5 of the video https://streamable.com/5awrz5
Thanks in advance :)

Update (May 13 2021): I finally found out what one of the users suggested were correct, it is the speed limit warning. I'll keep it cause it's a safety feature!

I had the same thing when my car was new and couldn't find much information.. I looked around in the menu...maybe navigation menu and turned off the speed warning...then it stopped.

Hopefully someone else has more details.

Could it be happening at the top of the hour--maybe a chime on the clock at 9:00 pm?

The sound is when the camera is switched on at a stop and you accelerate past 6 MPH and the camera shuts off. That is the sound it makes, but obviously in your situation, that wouldn't make sense. :?

Also, if you try to press the camera button while above 6 MPH, it makes that double beep and the camera does not come on obviously. Just thought about it, is your camera button stuck on?

Learjet said:
I had the same thing when my car was new and couldn't find much information.. I looked around in the menu...maybe navigation menu and turned off the speed warning...then it stopped.

Hopefully someone else has more details.

Thanks. I'll try it and let you know whether it gets resolved or not.

knightmb said:
The sound is when the camera is switched on at a stop and you accelerate past 6 MPH and the camera shuts off. That is the sound it makes, but obviously in your situation, that wouldn't make sense. :?

Yep. I might have to show it to dealership.

knightmb said:
Also, if you try to press the camera button while above 6 MPH, it makes that double beep and the camera does not come on obviously. Just thought about it, is your camera button stuck on?

Good point. I don't think it is stuck but I should take a closer look.

nlspace said:
Could it be happening at the top of the hour--maybe a chime on the clock at 9:00 pm?
That's very smart ha ha :D
Probably that's not the case as sometimes I hear the sound multiple times in an hour but I should take a note of that.

Don't know about the 2020 but older models have an "outside temperature alert" It's meant to alert you to the possibility of slippery roadways.

Judging by your info display you might have been at that threshold. At one point mine was chiming and I wondered "what was that about"? There was a corresponding visual indication on the console (a little snowflake) but it was brief enough that it took me a few times to catch it.

Living in MN that was one of the first things I turned off! I suppose it might be somewhat useful for someone driving a distance and might not realize the temp has dropped and potential ice but for our garaged Leaf where the garage temp was 30-40 in the winter, basically every time we drove it, a short while later it would beep telling me the outside temp was cold :roll: No sh*t Sherlock, it's cold out there :lol:

Nubo said:
Don't know about the 2020 but older models have an "outside temperature alert" you can set. It's meant to alert you to the possibility of slippery roadways.

Judging by your info display you might have been at that threshold. At one point mine was chiming and I wondered "what was that about"? There was a corresponding visual indication on the console (a little snowflake) but it was brief enough that it took me a few times to catch it.

Thanks. The degree in video is latitude,longitude. It is relatively hot here (32 C, 80F).

Nubo said:
Don't know about the 2020 but older models have an "outside temperature alert" you can set. It's meant to alert you to the possibility of slippery roadways.

that has never made a chime in my car.

henrydehoja said:
Could it be the Blind Spot Warning alert?
I noticed the sound come on when the car starts turning into the adjacent lane.

Thanks :) . It is not blind spot. It occurs in other occasions as well.

mahyar said:
Nubo said:

Thanks. The degree in video is latitude,longitude. It is relatively hot here (32 C, 80F).

Ah that explains why the "temperature" had so many significant digits :lol: But still do a quick scan of the dash when you hear it; maybe some other alerts are as brief as that little snowflake one was for me.

Nubo said:
mahyar said:
Nubo said:

Ah that explains why the "temperature" had so many significant digits :lol: But still do a quick scan of the dash when you hear it; maybe some other alerts are as brief as that little snowflake one was for me.

Yep!
Now I've understood my right back door does not open. Could be related. :idea:

I recently got a 2022 Leaf S and am also perplexed by the two quick beeps. I live in Southern California so I don't think it's temp related. I don't see anything different on the dash when I hear the beeps. It's pretty frequent. I would say yesterday, I probably heard it half a dozen times and while driving at different speeds. Beautiful, sunny day.

johnskb said:
I recently got a 2022 Leaf S and am also perplexed by the two quick beeps. I live in Southern California so I don't think it's temp related. I don't see anything different on the dash when I hear the beeps. It's pretty frequent. I would say yesterday, I probably heard it half a dozen times and while driving at different speeds. Beautiful, sunny day.

The OP updated his original message and indicated that they found out why the beeps occur: they are a speed limit warning.
Is that your case too?

Back