I gots the schwag!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrairieLEAF

I'm very impressed with our electric coop's focus on EVs. For National Drive EV week, they involved EV sales guru Nigel Zeid and put together a webinar with Q/A and a test-ride.

https://www.unitedpower.com/DriveEVWeek

They also busted EV myths daily on their social networking feed, and involved members in a selfie challenge. I thought it might be fun, so I staged a shot and ended up being a winner (all the participants may have been winners).

I am now a proud collector of swag!

fYb76P_szieyvzkN9c9hnrOsPvdFfFpaA2fq0ogehJpopOhWukvmvXmj-9KBgSY7Y2XtXI1Ie7_IzDIOLHk7qdmoD6krYmo7cS8S2Tb92cwG0TDWPM_vQQqRRMQvAFwp5OWcn78YRBymSmaBLgVAqAXjiWiaqijVa3fddlJw68sFieCW7_hKENpX_h87D5KQ4euf49GV0M_Q31srkJDnpNNZHsPHjbvMKSRYddmCNdb7cq9hS3oskc2F4W7SG6IpeRn243ufLB8fb-yFQFsK9NCAO9OLj-Zh8RaYiSAJM1gqi-esz-7clxQtJhznVp-oUnhGUonnTAitW0BZptPspw8UdsqNqaCwZ7BJ230NAV4rJiYlX85Ff5W5eU_0DVnvT8J4ps2u1zTIjQNiN0zjL8PrHt6rgTd4DZs-PpWY96X2UyBcnSeWlaroKC47z6U99JSthZyk2SVZu3-Y6l5xWPhiyBDC0svXjWT3Qc7OVtUDdx_H17_q6TNqT9vR_x8GVYRgPWfEQfEHUNEnpxYV6P2DivJ8_-QKUoK0wN0fTkLRvxAbHPnOhQDUAcIm4qwUw6-lgv55ZIcrjpbty7pi3oBKn75H0R3dwUK1fiHeOdpQWkoRIcsjZZWIMtDKbWCJGWxdZbk0FEZsXvXkrW-f-U8bNeQpGcuxxNO7Ne-eHmwxnUwC9jTyTENOGM1PAg=w1010-h757-no

I'm pretty impressed with this energy coop. They operate two solar farms, just connected their 5,000th rooftop solar installation, operate a 3 MW generation facility from landfill methane, and have an EV resource section on their website. They're also working on an EV smart-charging program to help manage load and demand.

https://www.unitedpower.com/chooseev

This was my photo entry:

5mKk5m1xqmqahWbuIh5qoAhj5cmb03FF2EZWdmlIyFijih7vlWCp5X3Ib6l9k-8TneDPUwcm4VbFb67ophuOga0dJO_RtLApLZD0TZpKuq8vJ__JcLkXacYXrtsUl7I5WZlL6WN5Q5fBiEOwhzVAP-LepHLlkVeU0jEPaOkAN0GmB5x2TRiNlNFE9egfjLY7Q4C4RuTSsw8J2QDi1VRvgL9V3WI_SYhsI3deGH_svXQoZhqfaV91vjbFzhYMKbXqrPujVvefvVCHXZ1_ttZG77S0qaghToM5GvGvk5CZI38NrrZ2ssl_TP4gyF6bme9QDMPUbFgxkoDzIO7S-xoahha4ip1QuxQVWlvfE0xnMZfEuLSBfvFsNZtzlxJVXVOWvTXiaY9R_SZF-2yWGq1UAVDgrrLL32gVVu9dCVL-AdTYTCqKFGT6cJsGPkE_F2iLIzZRf_8moeYDoPy9_zGmCiI2W_W1xbRieUOf1Z1d41HBSCC7K_ylePIzCT0bJ_4p7cEZ-1l5H60J95P5PJ-GktMTHtCm-EmjS3zCNWQmuPZKGJFnLT4VMbeenO5NmVVptJuuLUPuUERVNftVKgsdT_94Zs-Y-tKQVKY-gdDMvyYGA20MJRo3rTejALZzAqpQPuWVv2Cf8uVQBg39xB4hMNjpElZowOs7MdsK4z5YHVuWGRDpLCG6IoZCz7fSzA=w1010-h757-no

Lol no heat yet and no ac all summer except rain, light on the accelerator up hill and starting out , tires at 44psi, synthetic gear box fluid,eco mode. Also my commute is max 50mph to some city driving. All tricks I've learned on here. Now that it's cold in the mornings I garage it at night (~60°)and by the time I get to work(17miles) im just starting to get cold. I'm guessing once I install 4 snow tires and have to use the heater I'll drop. After reading the post from our friend from Finland about hipermiling I'm going to try non eco mode.

Thanks for posting that. Nigel is a character isn't he? Did you see the POLEAF car? He drove it to the Golden event this year at least.
Ours was at the same time. Not the same power company so you got more swag. I got a NDEW metal water bottle and some nissan masks that I don't see in yours but overall you got better swag nice! Great picture!

When NDEW is in person they usually give you swag if you participate (not the united power stuff necessarily but the other things). So Golden, Colorado Springs gave it out and we did as well even though we lost our track last minute.

If you like Nissan swag maybe I should show you my classic t-shirts sometime like the zero emissions tour t-shirt and Hello LEAF goodbye gas shirts I have.

As there are more brands selling EVs now it would be nice if GM or Hynadai or Audi or the like gave some swag, I wouldn't expect Tesla too as they don't really advertise.

Nigel does seem like a character. I've never met him in person, but have seen him in a few videos.

I hadn't heard of the POLEAF. Looks pretty snappy, and would likely make a lot of sense for police departments. Gasoline police cruisers must get terrible fuel economy, with all the idling and hasty driving.

I often forget how many different kinds of swag big companies have!

I have not purchased from Nigel yet but would as he seems very knowledgeable and fair.

Congrats on your schwag, not my thing but if it makes you happy...

I think Nigel is a good guy and I like how he talks to EV clubs and goes to NDEW. On knowledge he may know less than you actually but he knows more than other salespeople from other dealers (I have talked to Fort Collins down to Colorado Springs). Nigel also has a LEAF which is unique. and gives him more direct everyday knowledge. The PoLEAF car is not his but that is what he uses at events. I think he actually likes EVs beyond just trying to sell a car. I did not buy from Nigel either TBH, I bought from a different dealer who had what I wanted in stock in the wife approved color at a good price compared to others at the time. Boulder did not have it in stock at that moment. Boulder Nissan is also a sponsor of the Denver Electric Auto Association chapter.

mtndrvr said:
I have not purchased from Nigel yet but would as he seems very knowledgeable and fair.

Congrats on your schwag, not my thing but if it makes you happy...

Thanks for the spelling correction...I didn't have it schwaggy enough!

I don't usually seek out schwag, but it sometimes comes in handy (I can't deny the value of a working ball-point!). I mainly appreciate the effort to promote EVs.

salyavin said:
I think Nigel is a good guy and I like how he talks to EV clubs and goes to NDEW. On knowledge he may know less than you actually but he knows more than other salespeople from other dealers (I have talked to Fort Collins down to Colorado Springs). Nigel also has a LEAF which is unique. and gives him more direct everyday knowledge. The PoLEAF car is not his but that is what he uses at events. I think he actually likes EVs beyond just trying to sell a car. I did not buy from Nigel either TBH, I bought from a different dealer who had what I wanted in stock in the wife approved color at a good price compared to others at the time. Boulder did not have it in stock at that moment. Boulder Nissan is also a sponsor of the Denver Electric Auto Association chapter.

Thank you for the comment, but Nigel must have more LEAF and EV expertise than I do! He sure seems to have a way with words when it comes to encouraging ICE drivers to convert to EV.

I acquired Lexie from "Doc" Holliday (re-incarnated?) at a GM dealership.

I'm curious--which colors weren't wife-approved? :)

My wife only wanted gunmetal grey. I am down with that color and glad I didn't marry a girl who wanted everything all bright pink or something lol.

If you are into chatting about EVs there is the Denver Electric Vehicle Council and the Colorado Springs EV club. The latter does zoom meetings every Monday at noon right now. The northern Colorado EV group had their leader quit and last we heard they may disband.

Thanks for the group suggestions. I'll have to explore those!

Interesting! I ended up with that gray, but I wasn't really color shopping. I was a bit polarized on Blue Ocean (which I might actually really like), but that wasn't even an option with 30 kWh. I also really like the previous-gen in white--it really brings out the unique contours on the lower body. I was also smitten with Bronze Metallic for a while.

When we bought our 2013 Leaf, I bought from a dealer 200 miles aways as we live in the mountains. We spent a lot of time on the deal and wrestled through the final terms to a deal and the salesman finally asked why I did not ask what color the vehicle was...... Priorities ;)

It is white

Back