Tips & Tricks for the Gen II 40KWH/62KWH Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeftieBiker

Staff member
If a similar topic exists I apologize - I can't think of or find one. Anyway, I will start things off with two contributions: one tip and one trick.

* The Gen I and Gen II Leafs can use the same car covers. This may well vary by brand, but the lined cover with mirror pockets that I bought from an Ebay dealer (info lost, I'm afraid) for my 2013 SV also fits our new Leaf Plus SV. It seems to fit it just as well (about 90% perfect) as it did the 2013.

* You can make a level cargo floor even with the Bose sub-woofer. You lose about 4" of cargo height, but in most cases it's worth it, and it's easy to reverse for a taller load. Just acquire a Weather Tech Leaf Gen II cargo mat, leave the cutout for the sub-woofer intact, and cut support blocks from whatever rigid or flexible packing foam you have at hand. As long as the blocks are within an inch or so of the height of the sub-woofer, and you have enough of them to support substantial loads, the cargo cover will now provide a level cargo floor, and conceal the sub-woofer. (I don't know yet how it will affect the audio quality.) You can now use that 4" concealed space to carry an EVSE, tools, whatever will fit. This should also work for the Gen 1.5 2013+ Leaf if the cargo mat is similar.

WrcdNvbb.jpg

sbjnZmub.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I wonder if the amp might overheat? This sounds like it would help sound proof the road noise some. How hard is it to sound proof a leaf?

Well, this is the opposite of a tip: it's a complaint about Nissan taking yet another step backward. In 2018, Nissan finally allowed Recirculation (and partial/automatic recirculation) to be used with the Floor + Defrost vent mode. It was a real step forward. Today though, I discovered that our new 2020 SV+ does not have this feature. Seriously, Nissan: what is wrong with you people...?

LeftieBiker said:
Well, this is the opposite of a tip: it's a complaint about Nissan taking yet another step backward. In 2018, Nissan finally allowed Recirculation (and partial/automatic recirculation) to be used with the Floor + Defrost vent mode. It was a real step forward. Today though, I discovered that our new 2020 SV+ does not have this feature. Seriously, Nissan: what is wrong with you people...?

I have a 2019 SL+ and this partial recirculation trick seems to work on mine. Thank you very much for the tip!! So, I guess it works on '18 and '19 Leaf's, but not on the '20's as you state (that is a funny feature to remove it seems).

If i were going to post a tip id say charge when you need to and top off if you have a long run.

i would not drive, charge, drive again, charge again.. that is really hard on the battery if you do that all day.

Back