Quick-charger in Coal Creek Canyon, CO!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrairieLEAF

I was surprised and impressed to learn about a fairly new ChargePoint rapid charging (CHAdeMO & CCS) station in the fairly small Coal Creek Canyon west of Denver. It's located at United Power's facility at the Gross Reservoir dam, just off CO 72 through the canyon. Presumably, this enables driving on hydroelectric power!

When visiting music friends in Coal Creek Canyon, I was originally planning to go to Nederland first, spend a few hours on an L2, and then come around into the top of Coal Creek Canyon, but this makes things almost too easy!

https://www.plugshare.com/location/199208

449508.jpg

goldbrick said:
Cool! I like hiking around Gross in the winter so I'll have to take a trip up there to check it out.

*Like Button*

I'm looking forward to trying it out. I almost took Leafy last week, but heard the steep road out of the canyon to their house (which scares me when it's dry) had ice and snow on it, so I took the old Yoat (85 4runner) instead, and it came in handy for the last mile or so. It sure was nice to get back in the LEAF afterwards though. When that road's clear, I'm definitely taking Leafy.

Back