EVSE Fault all 3 lights flashing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelamcgowan

I have a 2018 Leaf and charging great for past year with level 2 charger at home. For past week after approx 55 mins of charging all 3 lights flash on EVSE though if you looked at car you think it is charging and app shows voltage has dropped from 6.6 to 3.6.

Electrician checked everything he says all ok, i have gone to dealer and it charged Ok with their charger. Anyone had to have the EVSE replaced or has any tips?

angelamcgowan said:
I have a 2018 Leaf and charging great for past year with level 2 charger at home. For past week after approx 55 mins of charging all 3 lights flash on EVSE though if you looked at car you think it is charging and app shows voltage has dropped from 6.6 to 3.6.

Electrician checked everything he says all ok, i have gone to dealer and it charged Ok with their charger. Anyone had to have the EVSE replaced or has any tips?

Which exact EVSE?

If you definitely mean that the lights on the EVSE (not the dash charging lights on the car) are flashing, and the wiring checks out, then you likely have a defective EVSE - assuming that the electrician knew his or her stuff.

The flashing lights on some (all ?) EVSEs are a pattern that can be translated into an error message.

If you have to replace the EVSE and are satisfied with 240 Volts, 16 Amps (3.85 kW) the AmazingE is great value at ~ $200. It is the generic brand of Clipper Creek

Yes lights on the Nissan supplied EVSE are flashing and it is a trusted electrician.

I will go back to dealership though they told me they have no way to check if the EVSE is defective?

Thanks for your quick replies.

Did you resolve this? My 2019 has been charging at home on a 14-50 outlet/circuit just fine. Today I happened to be in the garage while charging and noticed that all three lights on the OEM EVSE are flashing. The car is still charging, though at a reduced rate.

Back