Battery Maintenance Alert Message

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWO4Mann

Leaf Supporting Member
For several days, each time I turn on the car, the screen displays a message " Battery Maintenance Due". I have made certain the settings for alert messages are in the "no" setting. Mileage at 42,000 miles. New 12 vdc battery installed last year. I made sure 12vdc is charged and terminals are secure. Ideas?

Is this on the dash display or nav system? There are dummy reminders for mileage at both places that are separate from each other.

That’s the mileage-based dummy reminder for sure.

Did you press menu button then info (as the message directs) and check all the reminders that you can get to?

I also recently got this message. As a side effect I notice that going downhill or braking, it never shows that the battery is charging, which it did before I started getting this message.

KevinDickson303 said:
I also recently got this message. As a side effect I notice that going downhill or braking, it never shows that the battery is charging, which it did before I started getting this message.
Completely unrelated.
What you describe requires more info at that time, like:
  • Battery SoC (are you "full")
  • How many capacity bars (or exact LeafSpy reading)
  • Battery temp (another LeafSpy reading) or at least ambient temp (is it cold outside)?
All these things affect regen.

Back