I'm finally finishing up my rooftop solar panel installation. It's been a long road but I did it all myself and learned a bunch on the way. I have 12 385W panels and I'm using the Enphase microinverters. I got a combiner box and Envoy with my order from Unbound Solar but I wanted to put the combiner in my attic and the temps there are over the spec for the PCBA of the Envoy. So I took the PCBA out and mounted it alone by my service entrance panel and it's working fine.
I have to say that the Enphase website is horrible and I had a lot of trouble getting the Envoy system setup and running. I just kept trying things until it worked and now I have 11 of 12 panels reporting. I had some friends of my kids help me haul the panels to the roof and one of them helped me when I installed the micro-inverters. He got one of the serial numbers wrong so I'm hoping that last panel will start reporting now that I have the right serial number for it.
I still need to get my local utility to install a net meter so I can get credit for the excess power I produce. They have been a PITA also and I'm a little worried since one of the required forms asked for my installer license number (!). I can't imagine I'm the first self-installer they have dealt with but I'm half expecting them to reject my application until I figure that out.
Anyway, I was just up on the roof to get that last inverter serial number and I really like the way the panels look. You can hardly see them from the street but from the roof they look great
I'm going to start charging more at home so I can get my usage up and then hopefully put in another string of 10 panels next year. RIght now I'm at 120% of my average use and that's the limit my utility will allow.