Blink screen dead

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valdemar

Finally after 5+ years first real issue came up, the screen stopped working, some yellow lines running vertically. The screen had a single blue vertical line in the middle for a while but it didn't affect the operation, now it is pretty much dead not responding to touch. Quick search did not reveal anything. Fortunately I can still charge. Is there a known fix? I have a feeling it is not the screen itself but the controller.

That's a new one. Might be able to find a non-working Blink and scavenge it for parts?

My Blink gave me a red-screen and restarted the other day - first time that's happened since the first year - but that went away after a service tech came in and tweaked the wiring layout internally. Hoping that it's not quite dying yet as it's otherwise been very reliable.

My inclination if the Blink does fail is to replace the guts with OpenEVSE. Not sure if that's something you'd pursue.

Or just follow the instructions in the thread below to disconnect or bypass the screen and internal Blink parts so that it just charges your car when you plug it in...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3279

Fortunately I had no timers set on the Blink so it already works as a dumb charger. The display is lit all the time now, this is why I think it is the controller went bad. Disconnecting the brain is probably the best option, too bad as I kind of liked the statistics. Not much free time or desire to try to troubleshoot it. Oh well, I guess I should consider myself lucky as it worked pretty much flawlessly all this time.

Guess what, a power cycle fixed it for now. I suppose that's where I should have started but a constant anticipation of a "Fatal Blink Failure" and a dead screen which I never saw before made me accept the idea that inevitable finally happened without a fight. Oh well, we'll see how long it lasts.

Back