What are your lease terms?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linfeld

I ordered a Leaf SL with a Quick Charge Port with a 4 year lease. The monthly payment will be $421 with a $2000 initial payment. The monthly payment includes a destination charge of $820, DMV fees, Document fees ($55), Federal rebate (7500),
State tax on rebate (727.41). What are your lease terms?

Using new format:

* Nissan LEAF™ SL trim
* super black
* option added:
o quick charge port
* accessories added:
o carpeted mats

$421/month for a 4 year lease, $2000 down, 15,000 mile allowance, CA 9.25%:

* Nissan LEAF™ SL trim
* super black
* option added:
o quick charge port
* accessories added:
o carpeted mats
o door kick plate
o splash guards

For a 3 year lease:

With 1,999 down the monthly payment is 403.00 plus tax for a 437.22 monthly at a tax rate of 8.25%.

Good idea for a thread. But everyone should also include their location (at least state) and tax rate, as well as #miles allowed.

* Nissan LEAF™ SV trim
* blue ocean
* no options selected
* accessory added:
o splash guards

For a 3 year lease, 12,000 miles:

With 1,999 down the monthly payment is 404.55 including tax at a tax rate of 9.25%.
All processing fees, tax, title, registration, destination & handling charges are included.

Has anyone gotten information on the residual value of the LEAF, they are, usually a percentage of MSRP?

Has anyone else been quoted leasing terms by a Nissan dealer? I am concerned that my terms cost too much especially since the lease is for 4 years instead of 3.

HIOJim said:
Might I assume that none of these numbers match the $349/$379 advertised leases due to the additions of options and tax?

That is correct. The advertised lease terms do not include destination, acquisition, registration, taxes or options.

LBCev said:
HIOJim said:
Might I assume that none of these numbers match the $349/$379 advertised leases due to the additions of options and tax?

That is correct. The advertised lease terms do not include destination, acquisition, registration, taxes or options.

destination, acquisition and registration are one time fees. Are they rolling those into the lease payments? Seems actual terms are quite a bit more than from the advertised.

LBCev said:
Advertised lease includes destination, acquisition but not registration, taxes or options.

turbo2ltr said:
...Seems actual terms are quite a bit more than from the advertised.
+1

Call me unrealistic, out-of-touch and old fashioned, but I really don't want a $400+ car payment each month. And while you can add to your lease so that the monthly payment goes down, in the event of an accident where the car is totaled you lose all that. And then there is the financial aspect of leases in general:

http://nissan-leaf.net/2010/08/05/nissan-leaf-lease/

Basically when you add up your payments and fees you are spending ~ $22,000 for 3 years of Leaf ownership, and the entire car is only ~ $34,000. Something to think about, and understand that despite all this leases might make sense for some folks. We should just go in with both eyes open. :shock:

HIOJim said:
Basically when you add up your payments and fees you are spending ~ $22,000 for 3 years of Leaf ownership, and the entire car is only ~ $34,000. Something to think about, and understand that despite all this leases might make sense for some folks. We should just go in with both eyes open. :shock:

When the person can only receive a small portion of the $7500 fed tax credit by buying, leasing is as eyes wide open as you can get. :mrgreen:
Also, the actual 3-year figure is around $15K, not $22K. My figure is going to be less than $15K, with the residual around $15K.

LEAFfan said:
Also, the actual 3-year figure is around $15K, not $22K. My figure is going to be less than $15K, with the residual around $15K.

15K + 7.5K (Federal tax credit) = 22.5K

I realize that a lot of people are not taking the tax credit into account, but if you are eligible, it *is* real money.

But I also agree that if you can't get the tax credit, leasing is the only way to go. Or at least a very compelling way :)

I realize that a lot of people are not taking the tax credit into account, but if you are eligible, it *is* real money.

The actual money out of pocket for the lease is (very roughly) $15k in payments and $15k in residual after the lease is up. After that you own the car. Total cost about $30k.

The actual money out of pocket for the buy is (very roughly) $38k in payments with $7500 in tax you don't pay. After that you own the car. Total cost, about $30k.

Please correct my math if I'm wrong (and I could be). But this is the way I understand it. With the lease, nissan is fronting the tax credit, you aren't loosing it.

Many have this misconception that they will get $7500 back if they buy the LEAF. This is simply not true and has been repeated here many times. You have to pay enough in taxes to get the $7500 back.

And if you buy the car this year, even if it works out to get the full $7500 in tax credit, you won't get it until 2012 at the earliest.

Remember for residual u either pay the 15,000 in cash or refinance. Either way u r paying about the same. But one lease u have the option to upgrade or buy or get out after three years.

Back