RFI from Blink - better when screen off

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmarilloLeaf

Just found by serendipity:

Since I installed my Blink, my garage door opener has not worked as well. I previously could open my garage door from about 75 feet away, but since the Blink install I had to be within about 15 feet of the garage door.

Since I enabled turning the screen off after 3 minutes, I can now open the garage door from 75 feet again.

My conclusion: The screen or it's lighting is noisy and interfering with the receiver in my garage door opener which is about 12 feet away.

I am thrilled to have a normal garage door opener again.

Might explain why the Homelink button in my LEAF had to be closer to the garage this morning. Got my Blink installed yesterday. (getting a wireless connection is another story...)

Thanks! That must have been a fairly recent firmware update because I didn't have it when it was installed in April and it's been off all of May. I also turned down the brightness as it lit up our whole garage!

LEAFfan said:
Thanks! That must have been a fairly recent firmware update because I didn't have it when it was installed in April and it's been off all of May. I also turned down the brightness as it lit up our whole garage!
+1. I didn't see the "Display" option in my original setup--it must be a recent update. Glad I saw this thread. Just went out and changed my settings. 20% brightness is plenty to read the screen well, and shutting off after 3 minutes serves my purposes fine. Another great tip from this forum!

TT

ttweed said:
LEAFfan said:
+1. I didn't see the "Display" option in my original setup--it must be a recent update. Glad I saw this thread. Just went out and changed my settings. 20% brightness is plenty to read the screen well, and shutting off after 3 minutes serves my purposes fine. Another great tip from this forum!

TT

Yes, this is a recent firmware upgrade. A big thread talking bout it if you search for blink and firmware. Of course, this SHOULD have been in the original firmware (what were they thinking?) but apparently enough of us complained bout it that they decided it was an important feature! :)

By default, though, it's set to 100% brightness and "never" sleep the display. You have to know that the setting is there and go in and change it before you get the benefits.

Back