New Firmware Pushed : L2R.1.6A

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bizarre. What time zone are y'all in?

I'm set for US/Pacific.
Set Automatically: On
Auto Adjust for Daylight Savings: On

Main display shows 8:16 right now, and all the Intranet time displays are 9:16.
In addition, the Device Info shows that it last transmitted at 9:12PM, which has not arrived yet.

How does this crap make it through Beta test?

Interesting....With the new 1.6 software, the System log does not show attempts to look for new firmware every 14-15 minutes like it used to. In fact, there's much less activity in my system log since the new software updated....There is a current "last network transmission" time in the Device Info display, but no corresponding system log entry to indicate a network transmission.....

Randy said:
Interesting....With the new 1.6 software, the System log does not show attempts to look for new firmware every 14-15 minutes like it used to. In fact, there's much less activity in my system log since the new software updated....There is a current "last network transmission" time in the Device Info display, but no corresponding system log entry to indicate a network transmission.....

I wouldn't be surprised if it still looks, but just doesn't log it.

I found that the time on the web GUI was still wrong until I entered the Device Info page on the actual unit and made some changes. Now they match.

I was disappointed that the web view options differ from the screens on the physical unit.

From the logs, it took about 10 minutes to actually complete the update. Seems like a long time to me.

What should the CDMA Active be showing? Mine was No. Is this for people who don't have it attached to the Internet?

Thanks Blink for adding the screensaver mode.

I'd love to see better power consumption data now.

The "CDMA active" field refers to the cellular connection that is built into the Blink....I think that's a last resort for network connectivity (at home), maybe some of the public stations will use it?

GroundLoop said:
...Main display shows 8:16 right now, and all the Intranet time displays are 9:16...
I have "L2R.1.6A, 035A, , 1.10" and I have the same problem. The time on the web interface is wrong.

Also, I was looking for the new display brightness and sleep timer settings. I was only able to find these on the physical unit itself, they don't seem to be in the web interface.

patrick0101 said:
Also, I was looking for the new display brightness and sleep timer settings. I was only able to find these on the physical unit itself, they don't seem to be in the web interface.

I have already sent BLINK a note about the intranet interface not being updated. I tried VERY hard not to infer that a firmware update should actually update ALL applicable portions of said firmware.

BLINK unit: potential to be VERY impressive.
BLINK network people: not very impressed.

Since the update, my car has stopped charging during the night and started again. So instead of just one "complete" email, I get a "charging stopped" email, then a "complete" email some time later. NEVER did this with 1.5.

I could give a crap about the time or the display brightness, DON'T BREAK CHARGING!

turbo2ltr said:
Since the update, my car has stopped charging during the night and started again. So instead of just one "complete" email, I get a "charging stopped" email, then a "complete" email some time later. NEVER did this with 1.5.
I am sorry to hear that. Mine did charge properly last night however on 1.6. I am currently running a WiFi to ehternet bridge and charging to 80% using the Leaf timers.
turbo2ltr said:
I could give a crap about the time or the display brightness, DON'T BREAK CHARGING!
I could give a crap about everything about the Blink unit outside of charging. If it was not for the EV Project I never would have this "smart" Blink EVSE. A "dumb" EVSE like the one I had before would suit me just fine.

Spies said:
Mine did charge properly last night however on 1.6. I am currently running a WiFi to ehternet bridge and charging to 80% using the Leaf timers.
Same for me. L2R.1.6.A 80%. WIFI. Charged fine last night.
Spies said:
If it was not for the EV Project I never would have this "smart" Blink EVSE. A "dumb" EVSE like the one I had before would suit me just fine.
Yep, same here.

BTW, I enabled the screen saver mode for 3 minutes. I am glad that the backlight doesn't stay on 24x7 anymore.

TEG said:
I enabled the screen saver mode for 3 minutes.
I was surprised to see the screen off when I went to the garage while the car was charging. I assumed that it would be on during charging events regardless of the timeout. That would be my preference. What would you prefer?

patrick0101 said:
TEG said:
I was surprised to see the screen off when I went to the garage while the car was charging. I assumed that it would be on during charging events regardless of the timeout. That would be my preference. What would you prefer?
I expected what it's doing...turning off after the timeout, and turning on if I touch it, or if the charge or plug state changes. It's not like the charging screen has much useful info since it can't tell you when the charge will end. You get more from looking at the LEAF and checking der blinkenlights.

patrick0101 said:
TEG said:

I prefer that it goes off anytime there is no status change for a while.
Any time something new happened (such as charging started/stopped, system rebooted, user pushed a button) then it should turn back on immediately.
From what little I have seen so far that is what it seems to be doing.
So, I am happy the way they implemented the screen saver.
I don't want it to stay lit the whole time it is charging.

OK, I am glad you guys like it this way. It is not that big of a deal to touch the screen if I want to know how long it has been charging.

I'm digging the new firmware update with screensaver, brightness control and corrected time display. Just a few more issues and Blink will have a solid , if overly complex, EVSE on their hands.

I'm happy to report I haven't seen any charge anomalies other than the two on the first two days....

I haven't checked times or anything like that.

patrick0101 said:
GroundLoop said:
So... am I the only one with an outstanding Intranet time display problem?
Mine is still wrong. The Blink reports an hour ahead.
It would be great if you could also file a ticket with Blink for this, as they seem to think it's "just me".
support[@]blinknetwork.com

Back