Stanton
Delivery Date: 01 Sep 2011
Leaf Number: 7458

Re: Leafs Over Texas!

Saw that Leaf on the showroom floor (with somebody's name on it?) last week when I went by the dealer to "meet" my salesman (assigned by Nissan).
2011 Blue Ocean SV w/OVMS
12v LiFePO4 battery
FIAMM 74100 horns/Wet Okole seat covers/Tor's heater mod/Dala's CAN-bridge
Lizard Pack (Rev E) installed @51 months/41k miles
40 kWh Pack (Gen2) installed @115 months/84k miles
jlaw99
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

ecoobsessive wrote:I got tired of waiting for the car I ordered (latest update will be delivered in Aug.) So I drove up to Dallas and bought the red orphan at McKinney Nissan yesterday. The shipping co. picked it up the same day and it will be delivered today in San Antonio! I'm thrilled with the car! San Antonio will have several LEAFs driving around now. Ancira Nissan is supposed to deliver their first today. (Jlaw is that you?)
Yes! I got the call yesterday and did the paperwork last night. It was too late to get my wife to come and get my other car so I left it with the dealer. Ill get it after work or in the morning.. Ill post more later when I get a chance. Very lucky to have the first one in town or at all for that matter (as I know some earlier orders are still waiting). by the way I sent an update to the spreadsheet...
tennyson
Delivery Date: 19 Oct 2011

Nope, the numbers are getting bigger in Texas! I live in Stephenville & orderd my Leaf thru the Weatherford dealership. Working on the lease/purchase agreement at this time. Expecting delivery in 3-4 months.

So excited :D

Slim in Texas
aqn
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1333

ecoobsessive wrote:I got tired of waiting for the car I ordered (latest update will be delivered in Aug.) So I drove up to Dallas and bought the red orphan at McKinney Nissan yesterday.
You certainly live up to your user name! :)
Anna Nguyen
mbutter
Delivery Date: 11 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1369

Picked up my new blue Leaf last Wednesday, 5/11 from Town North Nissan in Austin, TX.

I had originally decided not to get it after getting bitter with AeroVironment due to their recent price hike for the "cash and carry" EVSE, so Town North *almost* ended up with an orphan. I changed my mind at last moment, and bought the car anyway. I'm glad I did!

I am getting by just fine with the 110V charger. I called several Schneider dealers in Austin, and found the Schneider EV2430WS at Dealer's electric for $800 plus tax, and ordered it this Monday. It will be in later this week or early next week (decided not to pay the expedite fee, and let it come in with their regular shipments).

Still learning all of the features the car has to offer. So far, it looks like I can get about 70 to 75 miles off of a charge while using climate control, which appears consistent with other posts I have seen. The Texas summer will be the real test though. I don't plan on driving around with the windows down, and the AC off.

This is a fun car!
2011 Nissan SL, Ocean Blue, w/(useless??) DC port
Powered by: 3KW solar PV, and Austin 'GreenChoice' Energy (West Texas Wind)
Order, Deliver: 01/13/11, 5/11/11 (Pre-Tsunami)
EVSE: Schneider EV2430WS
Other cars: 08 Tacoma
DrillbabyDrill

mbutter wrote: I am getting by just fine with the 110V charger. I called several Schneider dealers in Austin, and found the Schneider EV2430WS at Dealer's electric for $800 plus tax, and ordered it this Monday. It will be in later this week or early next week (decided not to pay the expedite fee, and let it come in with their regular shipments).

Still learning all of the features the car has to offer. So far, it looks like I can get about 70 to 75 miles off of a charge while using climate control, which appears consistent with other posts I have seen. The Texas summer will be the real test though. I don't plan on driving around with the windows down, and the AC off.
Is that the indoor unit? Any chance you priced the outdoor one?

Do post some updates on your mileage with AC. This Texas heat is brutal.
aqn
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1333

mbutter wrote:Picked up my new blue Leaf last Wednesday, 5/11 from Town North Nissan in Austin, TX.
Congrats! That's where I got mine too.
mbutter wrote:I had originally decided not to get it after getting bitter with AeroVironment due to their recent price hike for the "cash and carry" EVSE, so Town North *almost* ended up with an orphan. I changed my mind at last moment, and bought the car anyway. I'm glad I did!

I am getting by just fine with the 110V charger.
Same here. I did send my OEM EVSE in to evseupgrade.com to upgrade it so I use it on 240V also. 240V charging with an upgraded OEM EVSE was going to be my long-term charging approach, but that was before I found about Austin Energy's EVSE rebate (see below).
mbutter wrote:I called several Schneider dealers in Austin, and found the Schneider EV2430WS at Dealer's electric for $800 plus tax, and ordered it this Monday. It will be in later this week or early next week (decided not to pay the expedite fee, and let it come in with their regular shipments).

Still learning all of the features the car has to offer. So far, it looks like I can get about 70 to 75 miles off of a charge while using climate control, which appears consistent with other posts I have seen.
I'm getting about the same w/o AC use. My commute includes several big uphill/downhills though.

Are you an Austin Energy/City of Austin Utilities customer? If yes, do you know about Austin Energy's EVSE rebate: $1500 or 50% of station + installation cost, whichever is less?
Anna Nguyen
ecoobsessive
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 19 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1725

San Antonio's utility, CPS Energy, is also still offering a $1000 rebate on EVSE installation - I think 40 more rebates still available.

and aqu, what I'm really obsessive about is mynissanleaf.com! :)
Martha
Red SL + QC (Finally got first QC on 5/19/19)
solarpowered by 5.52 kW PV with unreliable Enphase microinverters
mbutter
Delivery Date: 11 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1369

DrillbabyDrill wrote:
mbutter wrote: I am getting by just fine with the 110V charger. I called several Schneider dealers in Austin, and found the Schneider EV2430WS at Dealer's electric for $800 plus tax, and ordered it this Monday. It will be in later this week or early next week (decided not to pay the expedite fee, and let it come in with their regular shipments).

Is that the indoor unit? Any chance you priced the outdoor one?

Do post some updates on your mileage with AC. This Texas heat is brutal.
Yes, that is the indoor unit. Did not price the outdoor model. I did find a link for the outdoor model at: http://www.munroelectric.com/silverecli ... rt=1769816& that shows a price of $1125. The same company lists the model I bought for $750 (plus shipping) at http://www.munroelectric.com/silverecli ... rt=1769814. For me, the price would be partially offset by the shipping charges. Suppose I could have saved a few bucks by avoiding tax, but there is something to be said about buying from a local dealer, just in case of issues.
2011 Nissan SL, Ocean Blue, w/(useless??) DC port