Registering the EVSE with BlinkNetwork

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coffee_Slurry

Has anyone successfully registered their Blink EVSE with BlinkNetwork?
This site:
https://www.blinknetwork.com/profile/chargers.html#
It wants a serial number, but rejects what I'm giving it, which is the alphabetic "Device ID" shown in Device Info.

Is there a different number that they want?
Is the whole service still unfinished?

GroundLoop said:
Has anyone successfully registered their Blink EVSE with BlinkNetwork?
This site:
https://www.blinknetwork.com/profile/chargers.html#
It wants a serial number, but rejects what I'm giving it, which is the alphabetic "Device ID" shown in Device Info.

Is there a different number that they want?
Is the whole service still unfinished?
Call customer service. My account was set up long before my EVSE arrived. My vin# was associated with the account and when they installed the EVSE, I logged on and the EVSE was there. There was nothing to register. Are you using the same email account that is registered with Nissan?

My Blink is there, with lots of info about it including a map of where my house is.

However...

I entered all my rate info via the screen there, and all of them went from download pending to downloaded (e.g., downloaded to the EVSE). But when I look at Blinky (they let you name your EVSE, seemed like a natural) and go to the Rates screen, it wants me to start entering them--doesn't show any.

Dang.

I have three "numbers". The installer wrote two of them down on the manual. He said, this is how they know you, so when you call, give them this number. I think that was the first number. It says SDR# something. The second number is the serial number, because I found it on the bottom of the unit as well, next to "Serial Number". That one is also a number. The third one is the device ID that you found on the settings screen, all letters, starts with "GG". I'm going to go try to sign up and see if I can figure out which one works.

Sigh. I wish they would put the "Terms and Conditions" link at the top before I fill out form. I'll be back in an hour or so...

My serial number is on the outside tag of the Blink and is 6 digits (100xxx). That is what shows up on the Blink network....

Whew. Well, that was a colossal waste of time. Apparently, if I save a bookmark to their site, I'm violating the "no linking" clause in their agreement. Anyway, I did attempt to "register" whereupon it told me "Someone already has that serial number registered!" I guess that's gonna turn out to be me. :roll: Anyway, that indicates that you want the number on the sticker, like Randy says, the 100xxx number. Then I betcha it tells you you're already in there. :D

Edit: The site appears to be useless...everything is either "Coming soon" or "Sign up now!" Why they want me to sign up when I'm already logged in, I can't figure... Well, never mind. There may be a way but I'm done for now.

P.S. I doubt Blink needs more than a fraction of all those disclaimers in their agreement, but I think Nissan's Customer Service might want to check them out :lol:

gbarry42 said:
Whew. Well, that was a colossal waste of time. Apparently, if I save a bookmark to their site, I'm violating the "no linking" clause in their agreement. Anyway, I did attempt to "register" whereupon it told me "Someone already has that serial number registered!" I guess that's gonna turn out to be me. :roll: Anyway, that indicates that you want the number on the sticker, like Randy says, the 100xxx number. Then I betcha it tells you you're already in there. :D

exact same problem I had, then I sent customer service an e-mail and proceeded to recieve no response. On the flip side, my ChargePoint card and public chargers have been working like a champ. :roll:

-Matt

Thanks for the tip -- I did register with my numeric serial number, and found that indeed there was already such an account.

They had it under my Nissan email address, so I recovered that password.

So I have two accounts.. the one I made and requested RFIDs with, and the one the EVSE is registered to. Both share the same Car VIN, so whatever.

Like others, I was unable to update my charge schedule from the blinknetwork web page. It accepted the changes, but never updated the EVSE.

The kWh-used-by-last-charge information on the blinknetwork site is much more useful than the rudimentary aggregate stats kept by the blink itself. I'd like to see this on the front panel -- front and center. "Charge Completed. Termination requested by car. Total kWh used: 12.55kWh"

Back