Blink outdoor?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rhover said:
Take heart RevBrent - I got a call this morning from Bill Blindell at Ecotality. He said that more people are complaining loudly to the city. It sounds like eventually they will allow people to charge (and park) their electric cars on their driveways (like everyone already does with their ICE cars).

As for the second meter for my EVSE, SDGE hasn't yet come by, but Bill said that 48 hrs (the quote from SunWest) was optimistic - more like 2-4 days. Then I got a response from James Earp at [email protected], he said my second meter would be installed on Mon May 16. Not quite sure if that was already scheduled, or only because I had contacted them.

You are moving along! I know it will feel great to not trickle charge anymore.

Who would be the best city representative to address my issues to? My council person? The City Inspectors themselves? I'm trying to not push too hard right now, but I also want to think creatively about my (and realistically...other people's) next step.

Success (for real this time.) I received an email from a Building Inspector Supervisor Friday evening that "after having reviewed my information and viewing the site on Google Maps" :) the installation provides "ample room to charge the EV without encroaching on the sidewalk." The phrasing of this leads me to believe that this is their primary concern...sidewalk encroachment.

Baker Electric really was great through this whole thing. It was my anxiety that led me to second-guess everyone. Mea culpa and I'm glad that it is all clicking along. In summation, if you have an outdoor Blink installation be prepared to (at least temporarily) have it possibly bumped up to a supervisor for a review.

Back