Blink Mailer/Poster

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lopton said:
... and are wasting tons of money that needs to be going towards public charging stations!
That is speculation, right ? I'd not call sending a poster to a few thousand people "tons of money".

Salient points are:
- THREE public L2 stations in all of San Diego, not 1,400
- Free charging (paid for by DoE) ends this month
- ZERO L3 stations installed

If the DoE is writing them taxpayer checks, they really should stop now.

Alerting the Fraud department might actually get ECOtality's attention.

evnow said:
Lopton said:
... and are wasting tons of money that needs to be going towards public charging stations!
That is speculation, right ? I'd not call sending a poster to a few thousand people "tons of money".

Depends, lets say $10 per person to send, few thousand people x $10 = ~$20,000... hmm seems like tons of money, or at least 4-5 public charging stations that they promised but have not delivered at all on...

-Matt

Lopton said:
evnow said:
Lopton said:

Depends, lets say $10 per person to send, few thousand people x $10 = ~$20,000... hmm seems like tons of money, or at least 4-5 public charging stations that they promised but have not delivered at all on...

-Matt

In (relative) fairness, I don't think they are sending thousands of those packets - the posters are a numbered "limited edition", and I think the total was 150. Silly? Yes. Potentially nice gesture to the early adopters, but poorly executed because it's just a lame piece of cardboard (and didn't need to be Fedexed?) Yes. Catastrophic waste of resources? Maybe not.

I will tell Blink to quit promoting something that doesn't exist. They should save that promo-money for AFTER they have 50% or more of their promised EVSE installs completed.

Promoting something that doesn't exist no matter HOW you do it is wrong and plain stupid. :evil: And no matter how you look at it, Blink doesn't have the EVSE's installed in San Diego that they said they would.....and when you ask for specifics, they give you silence or vague answers. :(

Jimmydreams said:
I will tell Blink to quit promoting something that doesn't exist. They should save that promo-money for AFTER they have 50% or more of their promised EVSE installs completed.

Promoting something that doesn't exist no matter HOW you do it is wrong and plain stupid. :evil: And no matter how you look at it, Blink doesn't have the EVSE's installed in San Diego that they said they would.....and when you ask for specifics, they give you silence or vague answers. :(
And just how are they supposed to get location owners to sign up if they don't promote before installation? It has become obvious that development of the actual EVSEs and QCs fell behind schedule, but turning off the marketing would just ensure a complete collapse of the effort.

davewill said:
Jimmydreams said:

And just how are they supposed to get location owners to sign up if they don't promote before installation? It has become obvious that development of the actual EVSEs and QCs fell behind schedule, but turning off the marketing would just ensure a complete collapse of the effort.

Because they're promoting to people who have already signed up or already have a Blink unit installed. If they want to promote to the uneducated, "whats-an-EV?" crowd, great! But do you expect Nissan to fall all over themselves promoting the Leaf to you specifically in the form of mailers, etc., weeks and months after you've already bought the car? General advertising = good. Targeted promotion to existing customers (when they've fallen woefully behind on their other 'duties') = waste of taxpayer money. :evil:

Jimmydreams said:
Because they're promoting to people who have already signed up or already have a Blink unit installed. If they want to promote to the uneducated, "whats-an-EV?" crowd, great! But do you expect Nissan to fall all over themselves promoting the Leaf to you specifically in the form of mailers, etc., weeks and months after you've already bought the car? General advertising = good. Targeted promotion to existing customers (when they've fallen woefully behind on their other 'duties') = waste of taxpayer money. :evil:
And just WHO are going to be the people who ask their employers and the places they shop to install EVSEs? The people who DON'T own EVs? They want you to request and use the RFIDs at all the sites they finally DO install these at. They aren't JUST administering a federal study, they are also building a long-term business around EV charging.

In the mean time I've taken delivery of my LEAF and I'm still waiting for someone to call me about installing the BLINK home charging station. When I called the BLINK Network support, they were totally clueless as to why I had not heard from anyone yet. The first time I called I was treated very poorly because supposedly a number of LEAF buyers received their EVSE's without having purchased the QC on their LEAFs (an how is that my fault??) - I was asked to provide evidence that my order included the QC, by asking my dealer to send them a copy of the order. Now that they have the proof, they still won't call me. The support person says he has 'escalated it to the regional office' ... whatever that means. Not sure what's going on... Too many orders... not enough installers? Any others in the SF Bay area who have received their LEAF still waiting to hear from a BLINK installer?

Back