New Firmware Pushed : L2R.1.5A

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had problems with the original firmware, (incomplete charging, rebooting on it's own bad wifi connection) But since I ran an ethernet cable and updated the latest firmware I tried an 80% last night and it worked fine. Hopefully the problems are behind us.

It would be nice if we could put the screen to sleep or add a dimmer feature to cut the power consumption...but that is a small thing overall for now.

evnow said:
DeaneG said:
Only difference I have noted so far from 1.4 is that the Blink is back to saying "Charging" when plugged into the Leaf and not charging (using Leaf's timer).
LOL. They rolled back a feature in the new version !

Not from what I'm seeing - it's working properly now. Car plugged in, Leaf timer set but start time not reached yet, Blink says "not charging", which it's not, but also now knows the car is plugged in - it says "unplug anytime" rather than "plug your car in". When Leaf timer kicks in, Blink switches to say "charging. Still need to confirm that when charge is complete it reverts, but I think it does.

Last night's Blink kWh as shown in the portal: 7.33
Charging started at 9pm, stopped at 10:58 - at the (Jimmydreams TED-observed) 3.77 kW draw, that would come out to 7.41 kWh - quite close.

(and, it works out to exactly 3.2 miles per kWh from the wall, which is consistent with what we've been deriving all along using the 3.77 value and the wall time)

Firmware apparently download while charging. When I unplugged the cable from the vehicle it immediately switched to "updating firmware" and rebooted. At least it didn't try to force a reboot while charging...

Success!

Two people from EcoT called me yesterday. One I missed but the other asked me how it was going, (not sure why since they seemed to already know everything that was going on with my unit). They asked if it was Ok to call every few days to check up, I said sure.

But last night I went from 2 or 3 bars to full with nary an issue. Looks like 1.5 finally solved the problem...well at least the one I was having.

How boring is this going to be? My Blink has been connected via wi-fi all week, it charges exactly like it is supposed to and the stats are up-to-date and correct. Yay!

derkraut said:
cyellen said:
How boring is this going to be? My Blink has been connected via wi-fi all week, it charges exactly like it is supposed to and the stats are up-to-date and correct. Yay!

SSSSHHHH!! :p

No kidding. So far, 1.5A is working like it's supposed to for me. Although I did break down and hardwire it to my LAN. ;)

Just got upgraded manually to latest firmware after being couple weeks on v1, should be smooth sailing with firmware updates from now on and I am ready to enjoy all the charging fun. :twisted:

Finally broke down and strung a CAT-5 cable to the garage and am now online and running the latest 1.5A firmware. Hope to get the wireless connection working, as it would be really costly to have the cable permanently configured and the current through 2 rooms and under the door won't do.

I will say, the Blnk is significantly faster via hardwire connection!

Blinknetwork got stats of 71 kwh out of 176 kwh last month. This month it has been 69 out of 82. Getting better.

Also no complaints..

The other day I had a completely black screen when I came out in the morning. Had to reboot it. But it's been charging flawlessly.

turbo2ltr said:
The other day I had a completely black screen when I came out in the morning. Had to reboot it. But it's been charging flawlessly.

Interstates installed mine Monday. Jason and Manny did an Excellent job...very clean. They even put the 240 socket flush with the wall which looks really nice. Just the other day, the screen went blank, but the backlight remained on. Eventually, they will have a 'sleep' mode that will turn everything off (including the backlight) until you tap the screen. I decided to just let it go;maybe they will have the update before my car comes.

Yesterday, working with a Blink support representative, we found a bug in the existing firmware.

Rescheduling a charge does not work. For example, I got home yesterday afternoon with about 80% SOC remaining. I didn't know if I would be going out again, but I wanted to go ahead and plug in the car and figured I would use the "Reschedule Charge" function to being charging at 10pm instead of immediately. After selecting "Reschedule Charge" and entering the new time, the screen doesn't show any change and when plugging in the vehicle after about 5 seconds starts charging.

I tried selecting "Stop Charging" and rescheduling the charge from that screen, but about 5 seconds after saving the changes, the Blink starts charging the car again.

The Blink support representative verified the issue with me and stated that I was doing the steps properly, but the programmed schedule was taking precedent before the rescheduled charge and opened a ticket with that information.

On another note, he looked into my wireless issue and decided that my Blink will need to be replaced. I told him that I didn't really care since I was getting an ethernet to wifi bridge, but he insisted that they do so. We'll see what changes, but I'm not holding my breath! :D

DarkStar said:
Yesterday, working with a Blink support representative, we found a bug in the existing firmware.

I found a bug the other day....

I had Blink set up to charge weekdays at midnight, weekends at 11pm. I plugged the Leaf in Friday afternoon at around 4pm. The Blink correctly displayed "Time to charge: 8:00" and the countdown went just fine.

Until the midnight charge time rolled around.

At that point, the Blink unit thought to itself "Hey, it's Saturday, which means I should start my charge at 11pm!" "Time to charge: 23 hours, 59 minutes"!!

Even though Friday evening, the Blink said it would charge in just a few hours, I awoke up Saturday morning to an un-charged Leaf. :(

Be careful of this if you use midnight as a start time!!!

I don't see why anyone would use a Blink timer. Besides that the update added a last charge screen at the main menu but it is almost useless as it omits kwh used at last charge which is all I care about since the cost estimates are pointless and inaccurate on my plan and I don't care about times or % at peak etc. Having kwh used one does not have to note and subtract each time. Duh Blink. :idea:

Jimmydreams said:
DarkStar said:

I found a bug the other day....

I had Blink set up to charge weekdays at midnight, weekends at 11pm. I plugged the Leaf in Friday afternoon at around 4pm. The Blink correctly displayed "Time to charge: 8:00" and the countdown went just fine.

Until the midnight charge time rolled around.

At that point, the Blink unit thought to itself "Hey, it's Saturday, which means I should start my charge at 11pm!" "Time to charge: 23 hours, 59 minutes"!!

Even though Friday evening, the Blink said it would charge in just a few hours, I awoke up Saturday morning to an un-charged Leaf. :(

Be careful of this if you use midnight as a start time!!!
I've noticed this one too and changed my weekday timer to be from 10pm to 11:59pm and then from 12:00am to 6:30am. Weekends are set from 12:00am to 11:59pm.

Back