Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SilverSL said:
leaffan said:
Well, I drive NOW in the HOV with my blue plate so I don't see it being any different with the LEAF. :)
Leaffan, I will send you a Private Message with my e-mail address and phone number in case you are interested in continuing this conversation. I agree, you will be able to get a blue AF plate for the Leaf, but not HOV lane privileges. (My opinion from what I have researched) The AF plates (with the sticker in the middle) that were issued to some CNG or to some Hybrids were part of HOV privilege programs to encourage early adoption of the technologies and can not be transferred to a Leaf. These programs were intended for limited quantities of applicants and for limited qualifying vehicles.

You're confusing the two types. I do not nor never had a 'sticker/decal' for my cng Honda Civic GX. It is an AF plate, period, and isn't related to that other category of hybrids and bi-fuel cars. They stopped both of those programs and plates. It's category is 'Alternative Fuel/Dedicated' cars and a BEV is in this category also. Anyone that is issued an AF plate like mine (no decal) can go in the HOV by themselves anytime, any day. I hope this clears it up for you. :)

leaffan said:
You're confusing the two types. Anyone that is issued an AF plate like mine (no decal) can go in the HOV by themselves anytime, any day. I hope this clears it up for you. :)
After talking with a friend of mine who has a Civic Hybrid with the AF plate (and sticker) and doing more research on the ADOT site, the light finally came on. Leaffan, you are right! I was confusing the two plates. Thanks for your patience as I figured it out and for not flaming me. It does appear to be true that any vehicle with the Alternative Fuel plate has unrestricted access to the HOV lane.

Assuming we have 100 to 200 out of the 10,000 Reservations on this forum (1 or 2 out of 100), then your 4 might possibly represent 200 to 400 total Reservations for your area.

Hello fellow Phoenix people. I have been reading around and finally decided to join. I have reserved a blue SL and am looking forward to driving an EV again; having owned several electric vehicles (S-10EV's (GM built) and a Ranger EV) in the past. The only reason we stopped before was due to the removal of the last inductive paddle charging systems (2004-2005). It will be nice to have a longer range vehicle and far more public charging locations.

I attended the EV Project Open Forum hosted by eTec today and was one of the only non-corporate/goverment people there. It was interesting to see some of the familiar faces from the previous EV1/S-10E and other Avcon based charging platform vehicles. There are still some details left open as far as design and location for charging stations but the basic numbers are starting to take shape. There will be around 48 DC fast charging locaitons in the valley along with several hundred 220V chargers. This is great as the list of inductive stations could be fit on a business card as there were not that many.

Only hurdle I see now is the dealership ordering process as far as pricing and such.

Phoenix area Leafers, you may want to check out the information and PowerPoint I posted in the Tucson area section. I found some actual numbers of chargers coming to Arizona.

Ok, it's almost June 30 and I have not heard from Nissan yet. I had been asked to fill out info about the EV Project free charger, but haven't heard if that is happening or not.

Phoenix people, have you heard from Nissan about scheduling the assessment for the charger yet?

If you have heard, were you asked about being part of the EV Project?

I thought I would have heard something by now, but maybe it is a regional thing. I would appreciate a response from everyone, if possible.

Thanks.

Azrich said:
Phoenix people, have you heard from Nissan about scheduling the assessment for the charger yet?
Richard,
I have not heard anything from Nissan since the “spread the word” e-mail they sent out on 5-28. I have e-mailed two local dealerships and have not heard back from either one of them either. I filled out the eTec survey and received a confirmation e-mail on 4-28 that the survey is being processed, but nothing since. I have not been contacted to schedule a home assessment yet.

Ken, Scottsdale

Newest Nissan Leaf eTec survey email arrived today at high noon.

Carlos, as we are still actively processing all eTec surveys, your results should be available in the next few weeks. we will be in touch soon to confirm if you have qualified for your home charging unit and installation as part of the U.S. government's EV Project.* should you have any questions, just call 877-NO-GAS-EV, join the LEAF live chat or e-mail us.

This morning I received the following email:

Your approved for the EV Project.
Congratulations you have been approved for your home charging unit and installation as part of the U.S. government's EV Project. You will be contacted by ECOtality in the near future to discuss the next steps and approximately a month before delivery of your Nissan LEAF to schedule the installation of your home charging dock.

I hope the rest of the Arizona people are also accepted. Good luck to all of you.

LeafHopper said:

Congratulations you have been approved for your home charging unit and installation as part of the U.S. government's EV Project. You will be contacted by ECOtality in the near future to discuss the next steps and approximately a month before delivery of your Nissan LEAF to schedule the installation of your home charging dock.

I hope the rest of the Arizona people are also accepted. Good luck to all of you.
I got mine.

LeafHopper said:

I haven't received any email and there is nothing on the Nissan website under my account and I'm in Arizona. Some people said it could be because I don't have a 'smartphone', but other people have been approved without those. I'm going to call them tomorrow. :)

How many mile do you drive if it is very little then they will not learn much other then you charge at home and drive 10 mile a day?

I drive almost 80 miles and I think they want to know how I will be keeping it charged.

7-22 I got an e-mail saying I may still qualify. They need to review my survey with me before making a final decision. I said smartphone yes and 50 miles round trip.

Gonewild said:
How many mile do you drive if it is very little then they will not learn much other then you charge at home and drive 10 mile a day?

I drive almost 80 miles and I think they want to know how I will be keeping it charged.

I put '70' roundtrip (200A service, open slots, attached garage, etc.) and did their survey WAY before April 20th on the EV Project's website, which they said we could do. So, unlike Nissan, they obviously aren't taking them in the order they received them. :)

Hi fellow Phoenicians

Good to see other leafers in phx. I live and work in North Phoenix.

I registered a little late so I won't order until Sept. I was approved for the evProject charger. (Newer house, 200A Service,attached garage, breaker panel about a foot from the charger. Palm pre smart phone and only 20mile round trip commute)

I consult for a company that engineers hybrid vehicle propulsion systems for class 3-8 vehicles (F350 to garbage trucks and transit busses). I have a Ford F450 in the shop that we converted to a hybrid as a test platform.

I am mostly interested in the LEAF's technology, and I'm a tech gadget junkie/early adopter which were my two major reasons for reserving.

It would be cool to have a meetup when people start taking delivery.

-Mike

Back