Do Weathertech Mats from a Versa Fit?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krwalsh

We didn't order our Leaf with floor mats. We have had Weathertech all-weather mats in our other car for years and love them, so we're going to put those in. Seeing as Weathertech hasn't made fitted mats for the Leaf yet, does anyone know if the front and rear mats from the Versa will fit the Leaf? I looked at the rear cargo mat, and it will clearly not fit. The fronts and rears look like they'd be close. Has anyone tried?

krwalsh said:
We didn't order our Leaf with floor mats. We have had Weathertech all-weather mats in our other car for years and love them, so we're going to put those in. Seeing as Weathertech hasn't made fitted mats for the Leaf yet, does anyone know if the front and rear mats from the Versa will fit the Leaf? I looked at the rear cargo mat, and it will clearly not fit. The fronts and rears look like they'd be close. Has anyone tried?

I didn't order floor mats either, so I would like to know the answer too!

Thanks.

krwalsh said:
The fronts and rears look like they'd be close. Has anyone tried?
I doubt anyone will buy to try out ... does weathertec give exact measurement ? We can then, check.

Alright, absent anyone else knowing if they fit, I decided to be the guinea pig. I ordered a set of Grey Weathertech All-Weather mats for a 2011 Nissan Versa. I should have them in a few days and will report back with photos.

krwalsh said:
Alright, absent anyone else knowing if they fit, I decided to be the guinea pig. I ordered a set of Grey Weathertech All-Weather mats for a 2011 Nissan Versa. I should have them in a few days and will report back with photos.
Thanks for being the guinea pig. Hope they fit. If they don't, does Weathertech take them back ?

ps : Leaf front legroom is 0.6 inches longer than Versa. One thing you could do is to check at a nissan dealship - put one of their versa mats in Leaf ...

evnow said:
Thanks for being the guinea pig. Hope they fit. If they don't, does Weathertech take them back ?

ps : Leaf front legroom is 0.6 inches longer than Versa. One thing you could do is to check at a nissan dealship - put one of their versa mats in Leaf ...

Weathertech does take returns.

http://www.weathertech.com/service/faq.aspx#FAQ34

If they don't fit, I'll end up eating the shipping charges both ways, but that isn't a big deal. I think it was $15 to ship them to me, UPS ground.

Also, I filled out their "product request form" since even if the Versa mats fit, it still doesn't get the rear cargo area mat.

I ordered the Grey Weathertech 2011 Nissan Versa Mats. This is Weathertech Part Number #W36GR-W20GR, which is just their front W36 and rear W20, each in Grey. The color is a great match for the interior, and I'm happy to have the same Weathertech mats we've been using in our other car for the past few years. If you're unfamiliar with Weathertech mats, they are very durable, deep rubber mats that will hold an incredible amount of water, dirt and muck and keep your car clean. Knowing that I was ordering mats for a Versa, and hoping they'd fit the LEAF was a leap of faith. Total cost, including shipping, was about $115. It turned out that with some cutting and fitting, they look like they'll work just fine. I'm sure it won't take Weathertech long to figure out which of their mats actually fit the LEAF better, or make new ones to fit. I'll be happy when they do, as I definitely want the cargo area mat as well. Below is a collection of pictures I took while fitting them.

The driver's side was the biggest challenge.
IMG_1467.JPG

The dead-pedal on the mat is wider than it is on the car. The mat is too long and interferes with the "gas" pedal and the steering column universal joint.
IMG_1465.JPG

There are also some mat retaining clips that need to be removed.
IMG_1474.JPG

The retaining clip pops out if you squeeze the tabs together.
IMG_1476.JPG

Once trimmed, the mat fit fairly well.
IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

The passenger side fit well, but was a bit too long:
IMG_1468.JPG

After trimming about an inch off the top, it fit great:
IMG_1473.JPG

The rear mats fit ok, but the sculpted floor and the front seat mounts got in the way a bit:
IMG_1469.JPG

IMG_1470.JPG

A bit of trimming fixed them up as well:
IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1471.JPG

I bought a set of four mats from Costco for about $30.00 These have similar deep grooves like the Weathertech.

I don't have my Leaf yet to show any pictures. But, I did try them out for size in a Leaf and they'll fit well. The driver's side will need to be shortened about 1-2 inches.

garygid said:
What Costco "part" number?
Brand and Model of these mats, Please?
I bought KRACO grey mats (4 piece set) from Costco (part # 427861) for about $18. They fit quite nicely. They do have quite deep grooves with raised edges.

krwalsh said:
The retaining clip pops out if you squeeze the tabs together.
IMG_1476.JPG

What tool did you use to "squeeze the tabs together." I have been trying with needle nose pliers and screwdrivers with no success. I'd rather not break them they are probably $30 each.

I popped them out with a pair of pliers on my Leatherman. If you look at the clip, they are directional on which way you need to squeeze them. the pliers should be perpendicular t the long axis, so you are squeezing longitudinal to the clip.

I did encounter one problem since installing these mats. I had a "Prius Moment" when the car took off with my foot off the accelerator because it got caught under the mat. Since then I cut the clearance for the accelerator pedal another inch back and it fixed it. No issue since.

Mats I bought today at Costco. 4 for $16.99 Backing made from recycled tires. Cut top of drivers side off for fit. Mat fits between clips on drivers side.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/oUGUR9VRyglApxKH-idG9McEZVYm5nmyLKBcj5GTb80?feat=directlink

We decided to make our own. We bought 8' of all-weather carpet-runner from Lowes (the kind you buy by the foot from a role) which is a good color match. I used newspaper to make a pattern for each spot, following the floor contours, then cut the carpeting to fit. It looks good, and cost $24 total, including the cargo mat!

(the Lowes part number is 71747)
http://www.lowes.com/pd_71747-1761-06626-102-3-WB_0__?storeId=10151&Ntt=71747&UserSearch=71747&productId=3361520&N=0&catalogId=10051&langId=-1
Item #: 71747 | Model #:06626-102-3-WB

I have to say the OEM Nissan Leaf all-weather mats are Excellent, and superior to the Weathertech mats I have for my Toyota.

The LEAF mats are more "rubber" than "plastic", and fit the floor-wells perfectly.

No fuss, no mods, and a perfect fit. At your Nissan Dealer. :)

After looking at all the options I bought the rubber ones that Nissan makes for the LEAF. HIGHLY recommended because they are deep and cover the entire carpet at the edges.

Back