Accessory charger always on setting?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBELEAF

One of my minor disappointments with Leaf was to find that it only has 1 accessory charger and my second disappointment came when I discovered that single accessory charge turns off with the car. In my other car I have two and one of them is always on and I can also set when I want it to turn off. Is there some setting that I might be overlooking that might enabled this?

I haven't seen a setting like that anywhere. However, if you have the service manual it should be relatively straight forward to cut the existing accessory port +12v ignition line and splice it to a nearby always-on +12v line. I don't have the service manual, so I can't check for you, but I know the VPS module has an always on +12v line (see VPS OFF thread in my sig) and it's relatively nearby.

Something like this wouldn't have any sort of setting that you could change. Either it's wired into constant power or it's wired into switched power.

My jeep has one of each which is nice. I agree, I'd rather have is constantly on. I use an inverter to power a laptop in the field, and in order to do so, I have to leave the car in acc mode.

Back