Missing part?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBELEAF

I noticed something strange after I got my car back from repair and maybe it was like that, but there seems to be no cover right above the license plate where the lights are. Can someone check this please?

p10303351024x683.jpg

Updated picture. Can you confirm? It just seems strange that it's not covered and all the dirt might be getting inside.

Strange, I just feel like there should be some cover where the lights are. I can see all the wiring inside. Might have to do some custom job for this.

Called dealer and he confirmed that the cars he has there have the same opening and he did find it odd that it's left open like that. I guess will have to be careful with car washing until I figure out how to cover it up.

IBELEAF said:
Called dealer and he confirmed that the cars he has there have the same opening and he did find it odd that it's left open like that. I guess will have to be careful with car washing until I figure out how to cover it up.

Here in Portland we just put a bird on it and call it good :)

PDXLeafer said:
IBELEAF said:

Here in Portland we just put a bird on it and call it good :)
Couldn't say it better myself!

I noticed it when I installed the LED license plates lights but honestly didn't give it that much of a thought at the time...

GeekEV said:
Huh, mines like that too. I guess it is "normal". I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. :cool:

More cost savings, if you can't see it you don't need it:)

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3400

That looks like right below the bottom level of the battery. May be they want that air to go out that way ?

Back