Hawaii Leafs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey akohekohe...you get some competition now...just delivered #2 and same color!!!....haha

Hope that everything is going good with the leaf. another one leaving today, but silver

drerio said:
kingwindwardnissan said:
hey akohekohe...you get some competition now...just delivered #2 and same color!!!....haha

Hope that everything is going good with the leaf. another one leaving today, but silver

The silver one, that is mine...

Soon we will have enough for a rally!

Picked up our silver LEAF and took our first trip to Iwilei Costco... not my choice but able to get a load full of groceries and two kids home. For anyone else considering a Nissan LEAF, I recommend Windward Nissan. Marc Nakanishi was very helpful and made the experience pleasant.

Took a trip today up the Windward Coast and out past Mokuleia to the end of the road and back to Kailua via H2, H1 and the Likelike (Pali was closed). 103 miles. Just to see we stopped at both Tony Nissan and New City Nissan to check out their level 2 charging stations. Things to note: in both cases, and at King Windward, there is no access to the chargers when the Dealership is closed so if you need a charge after about 8:00 pm you are SOL. New City has a real nice banner and dedicated parking spots for three cars. Tony only has a charger in the service area but they told me they would be putting some stations out front soon with dedicated parking spots. King Windward has two chargers in the front parking area but no dedicated parking spaces so you run the risk an ICE vehicle will be blocking you from the spot. So, New City gets the B, King Windward a C, and Tony a D at this point. No one gets an A because none of them have placed their chargers where we can have 24/7 access. Look, range anxiety is a bigger issue without 24/7 access. I probably could have made it home without stopping at Tony and New City but the 1/2 hour I charged at each place gave me a nice margin so I wouldn't have to ride the turtle the last few miles. If I had been just a little later they would have both been closed (and King Windward was when I passed them after going over the Likelike). BTW, I used the charging station in Kakaako the other day and it appears to be accessible 24/7. So, as far as I can tell, there is only one charger available 24/7.

I spent my Saturday, giving neighbors a look and test rides... so far nothing but positive comments. Good to know about the access to chargers on the road (at the dealerships). I guess this is what it feels like to be on the ground floor of new technology. When Nissan puts out a crossover or slightly larger EV, my wife will get her new car. She unfortunately needs the space (on the road therapist) and distance (once a week out to Kahuku).

akohekohe said:
Took a trip today up the Windward Coast and out past Mokuleia to the end of the road and back to Kailua via H2, H1 and the Likelike (Pali was closed). 103 miles. Just to see we stopped at both Tony Nissan and New City Nissan to check out their level 2 charging stations. Things to note: in both cases, and at King Windward, there is no access to the chargers when the Dealership is closed so if you need a charge after about 8:00 pm you are SOL. New City has a real nice banner and dedicated parking spots for three cars. Tony only has a charger in the service area but they told me they would be putting some stations out front soon with dedicated parking spots. King Windward has two chargers in the front parking area but no dedicated parking spaces so you run the risk an ICE vehicle will be blocking you from the spot. So, New City gets the B, King Windward a C, and Tony a D at this point. No one gets an A because none of them have placed their chargers where we can have 24/7 access. Look, range anxiety is a bigger issue without 24/7 access. I probably could have made it home without stopping at Tony and New City but the 1/2 hour I charged at each place gave me a nice margin so I wouldn't have to ride the turtle the last few miles. If I had been just a little later they would have both been closed (and King Windward was when I passed them after going over the Likelike). BTW, I used the charging station in Kakaako the other day and it appears to be accessible 24/7. So, as far as I can tell, there is only one charger available 24/7.

I was told back some time ago, that as time goes on and there are more EVs on the road that we will probably see some Level 2 chargers. This would actually be a better way to put any road trip anxiety to rest. I would be more than willing to swipe my CC for this service (just in case there are any potential innovative entrepreneurs out there).

I was on Maui last week and stopped by the only Nissan dealer on island, Jim Falk on Saturday, March 5.

I was surprised to see a new blue LEAF parked at their charge station with the MSRP sticker on it AND a Jim Falk markup sticker that showed a markup of about $5,000. I assume that this was an orphan LEAF that someone ordered and decided not to buy. I was a bit shocked about the $5k markup until I looked around at their other new cars. All of the ones I looked at also had markup stickers. The Z cars had like $7k markups and the Jukes had about $6k markups.

That's Maui, I guess. No competition means you can try to do whatever you want with prices. :lol:

kingwindwardnissan said:
**post removed**

Do our Leafs get shipped direct to Hawaii or do they go through LA? Curious because I just got a May delivery month, and am hoping mine might be one of the 600 headed to the US.

dpodoll said:
kingwindwardnissan said:
**post removed**

Do our Leafs get shipped direct to Hawaii or do they go through LA? Curious because I just got a May delivery month, and am hoping mine might be one of the 600 headed to the US.

I believe it is direct to Hawaii.

On Friday I was able to test the free parking at both the Convention Center and Zone 20 at UH. worked at both places for a total savings of $9.00!

If you are running low on the windward side after King Windward Nissan is closed you can still charge your vehicle by parking in the adjacent lot (in front of Car Quest) right next to the fence. The charge cord is long enough to go over the fence and charge your Leaf if you park in the right spot. Since this would be after Car Quest is closed anyway it shouldn't be a problem.

My wife parked the Leaf in the C&C parking lot in Waikiki near the zoo. This is one where you use a credit card in a machine to get a ticket which you then place on the dashboard to avoid getting cited. She didn't by a ticket and was not cited.

Yesterday Windward Nissan told me 60 Leafs are scheduled to arrive on Oahu in about a week. It's a shower of Leafs.

Just figured out my first month of electricity usage since getting my LEAF... $40.87. Now, granted that is only one month, but last month did represent a typical month of 1,020 miles at average conditions. I do drive a lot in ECO mode in traffic; I can only go so fast anyway. Our other car which is an ICE, and a relatively fuel efficient one, cost us $80+ to fill with gas... I think I am liking it.

Great news drerio..... Glad you are enjoying your leaf.

Check out our dealership, there are about 16 now waiting to be delivered. I gotta get in contact with all customers. Did not want to jump the gun as a lot of them had their status changed to pending, and wanted to physically touch the car first. Now just gotta plan my weekend, and I had to take off this saturday for my Niece's 1st bday.

Good to hear shipment has arrived. This month my status was April, then changed to June, and now shows Pending.
Do you know if the other HI dealers got their cars too?

dhm3 said:
Good to hear shipment has arrived. This month my status was April, then changed to June, and now shows Pending.
Do you know if the other HI dealers got their cars too?

there is a good chance that if your status was originally for April and was changed to pending, your vehicle is here. Our initial list of April deliveries are pretty much in. There was one case that someone just canceled their order like 5 days ago, but it goes back into the pool and not considered an orphaned order.. :(

Back