New Firmware Pushed : L2R.1.4A

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scm6079 said:
whoami said:
leafnode said:
If viewing from a browser (intranet) I'm off by 1 hour. When I physically check my Blink, the time is correct. Must have multiple clocks???
Nope. Its a software bug where they hardcoded the timezone.

It is actually multiple clocks. The intranet reaches out to the blink unit to obtain the time you have set on the charger and for speed uses your local pc's clock to keep the pages updated as you view them. In order to do this it reads your time with JavaScript in the intranet code. There is currently an issue with most timezone settings not carrying from the charger to the pc which cause the discrepency.

-Scott
It still is a bug with the timezone logic. In the blink there is only 1 clock.
Scott, so you work for Ecotality?

New problem today. Since the wifi hasn't successfully communicated with Blink since the 5th of April, I decided to string the ethernet cable back out to the unit. I got it all hooked up and found that it was communicating without any issues.

About 30 minutes ago though, I heard the relay click to start charging, but what was strange is that it isn't scheduled to start charging until 10pm, about 1 hr 15 minutes later. Since it's out in the carport, I decided to just hop on the Intranet page and click on Stop Charging. I heard the relay click off and the screen changed asking if I wanted to reschedule the charge, however 5 seconds later the relay clicked and my screen changed back to "Charging"?!

Thinking I was losing my mind, I went out to the EVSE and clicked on "Stop Charging" and the same thing occurred! :shock:

At that point I called Ghostbusters (a.k.a. Blink support) and was told that my EVSE only downloaded a partial firmware image last week, but never completed the rest of it and that it had finished when I plugged the ethernet cable in and assumed that it was still in the process of charging a vehicle. He suggested a whole bunch of stuff, but here's what I did to fix it (hopefully).

1. I powered off the Blink.
2. Unplugged it from the car.
3. Powered back on the Blink.
4. Went through setup again.
5. Verified the charging schedule.
6. Waiting for the Ready to Charge message and plugged the car back in.

It's now letting me know that it will begin charging in about 36 minutes so hopefully behaves again for me...

whoami said:

I don't work for Ecotality, but I do work for a company works that works with them. As a "battery enthusiast" I have taken a personal interest in the software and general architecture beyond the parts I have to be involved in at work. I am familiar with the source code for the various components in detail. Although I can't make any decisions - I can recommend to the people who do. I also know Ecotality is working hard to read the forums and work through the open issues reported there as well as though support.

-Scott

scm6079 said:
whoami said:

I don't work for Ecotality, but I do work for a company works that works with them. As a "battery enthusiast" I have taken a personal interest in the software and general architecture beyond the parts I have to be involved in at work. I am familiar with the source code for the various components in detail. Although I can't make any decisions - I can recommend to the people who do. I also know Ecotality is working hard to read the forums and work through the open issues reported there as well as though support.

-Scott
Thanks for the response. Do you know if these people at Ecotality have any embedded background? From what I know and have seen it appears like this may be the first project they've done with an embedded microprocessor with RF. Also they're software design on the linux subsystem is very suspect. My question is why in the world would you use Python on an embedded processor. They really need to write 100% of their UI in QT not a web browser. QT UI in C++ is not that hard ;) .

My Blink downloaded firmware L2R.1.5A less than 3 hours ago. Only noticeable change to my Cat 5 connected Blink: the Blink's intranet IP address changed (changed from x.x.x.1 to x.x.x.3).

I have no Leaf to test charge...

I have a VPN tunnel from here to the house so I can access the charger from work. Sure enough it now says I have 1.5 as well. Of course it updated while the connector to the EVSE board was disconnected, so I have no idea if that's going screw things up.

MikeD said:
My Blink downloaded firmware L2R.1.5A less than 3 hours ago. Only noticeable change to my Cat 5 connected Blink: the Blink's intranet IP address changed (changed from x.x.x.1 to x.x.x.3).

I have no Leaf to test charge...
Time for a new thread?

MikeD said:
It probably grabbed a new DHCP lease before releasing the old one... Common programming error. :D

I'll try using the wifi again tonight to see if it works any better... Time to start a new thread!

Yeah, I just checked and am surprised to see that I'm running L2R.1.5A. Surprised because I don't know of a single window over the past week+ that I had reliable wifi connection to even grab the new firmware! It also skipped 1.4A and upgraded directly from 1.3A.

The not so good news is that it doesn't appear that I have increased my wifi connectivity as I still can't successfully run the network test and can't connect via intranet. It also seems to run noticeably slower.

One step forward (new firmware), 2 steps back (no connection & slower).

Back