Nissan Announces New Personalized Accessories!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVDRIVER

It was only a matter of time before Nissan released some new accessories and the first is here! This is an excerpt from the Nissan press release:

"Nissan NA is proud to release a new line of personalization accessories for the 2011 Nissan Leaf. The first series of these new accessories is the new Center Column Applique Treatment Pack. This kit allows the LEAF owner to personalize their center steering column for that true "ground up" EV look. Each kit has ten different column raps that can be mixed and matched to order. Each wrap is laser cut for a perfect fit and covers the entire steering column "hiding" the unsightly plastic ignition key "plug" and gives the car that personal custom touch, there is even a wrap to match the blue glitter spa finish found on the popular ECO package center trim. We wanted our customers to make their LEAF special and alleviate the need to explain to passengers the "key plug" in the steering column not found on other Nissan cars like the Juke. We know that making one more $5 plastic part for the LEAF would likely result in a high attrition rate and we saw an opportunity to sell a personalization item so we went with the "plug" and put the choice in the hands of the consumer where it should be. We think LEAF owners will appreciate this accessory and those that wish to leave the plug in view can go for the "old school" ICE look or the "put a plug in it" approach. We are testing this on other Nissan models with keyless ignition systems and may add plug holes to those models as well, of course the LEAF is the most advanced car in our line and this feature is standard. One of the primary reasons for production delays was sourcing the right plug for our "ground up design".*

*This post may contain some sarcasm, certified by GG UL labs for authenticity in sarcasm.

LOL. For the benefit of those that might now have yet figured out EVDRIVER's humor, I'm 99.9% sure this is a joke. He was just railing on the dumb ignition key plug in another tread. :lol:

Come on, someone must have installed a 12v adapter there already.

No, how about a right angle VW bud vase?

Okay I have it, a button that activates a hemi 426 revving.
. . . How else you gonna let that guy next to you know that you are ready to race him off the line?
. . . The go-pedal just won't get through his add-on Clarion radio stack. :lol:

LakeLeaf said:
but, but, but, but - he didn't use and smiley faces :?

and and and, he also put "terms, conditions and disclaimers in small print KNOWING that almost no one reads that stuff!@!

as for my personal use; i use the ignition hole to hold my wind chimes. sometimes i need the extra sound to drown out the ringing in my ears that i can only hear while driving my Leaf!

I wish Nissan had come out with this accessory sooner. I just finished my steering column mod.
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?mwsId=66666UuZjcFSLXTtNXM24xfaEV76EbHSHVs6EVs6E666666--
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/400/cc/ccd2264b-884a-4305-b91c-4fbb0f87998a_400.jpg

Back