JasonT

Re: Schnieder EVSE

Just got this today. This is straight from an email from "Schneider Electric North America" when I requested information about availability and price:
Stock will be available on 4/7/11 and the list price is $1200.00 for the EV2430WS, the indoor EV charging station.
As much as I dislike AV, I'm not really willing to spend an extra $500 just to not do AV. ::sigh::
Visual
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

I tracked down a local Schneider distributor, and he quoted me $857 + tax - I can pick it up, so no shipping charge. Waiting to find out their warranty, but its very tempting to go with a worldwide brand vs AV, and have a local distributor to deal with, instead of shipping it back (like MrZorg had to do).
Cayenne Red Leaf - Schneider EVSE
Sacto area.
JasonT

Visual wrote:I tracked down a local Schneider distributor, and he quoted me $857 + tax - I can pick it up, so no shipping charge.
This, sadly, didn't even occur to me. I am not familiar with Schneider and was just in an "amazon.com" mindset. I assumed that I would order straight from Schneider's web site. Found a local distributor and got a quote for $818 after tax. So now I just need to decide if I am willing to cut the timing that close (Estimated delivery of April with no week specified yet). Thank you for this.
garygid
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000855

What model are these quotes for, please?

Do you want to share dealer/distributor phone numbers?

Indoor or Outdoor case?

Still only a 15-foot e-hose?

UL listed for Hardwired use only?

Hours charging, but not kWh used shown on the display?

First pictures and evaluations awaited. Thanks?
See SOC/GID-Meter and CAN-Do Info
2010 Prius
2011 LEAF, 2014 Tesla S85
2018 & 2019 Tesla Model 3
PU: SDG&E
Solar PV: 33 x 225W -> 7 kW max AC
Craigslist: Xm5000Li Electric Motorcycle
smkettner
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2014

I am going to wait for click and buy pricing.... not MSRP.
1 bar lost at 21,451 miles, 16 months.
2 bar lost at 35,339 miles, 25 months.
LEAF traded at 45,400 miles for a RAV4-EV
RAV4 traded in for I-Pace Dec 2018
JasonT

Attempting to answer Gary's questions:
  • What model are these quotes for, please? - EV2430WS
  • Do you want to share dealer/distributor phone numbers? - Electric Supply, Inc - 520-573-9955 **
  • Indoor or Outdoor case? - I believe this model is the internal version
  • Still only a 15-foot e-hose? - Unsure - PDF at beginning of this thread says an 18' cable, I haven't asked for more details right now
  • UL listed for Hardwired use only? - Unknown, don't personally care
  • Hours charging, but not kWh used shown on the display? - My understanding is the display is just an incremental LED giving an indication of hours charging, yes. More than the AV unit tells you :)
** I don't know anything about this company, and I get the impression that they are more used to dealing with contractors and such, not just individual schmoes off the street. They do also have a Phoenix office.
Visual

Couple more bits of info:
18-ft cable is standard right now, but they're working on additional options.
18-month warranty is standard, 24-month if installed by approved contractor (waiting for answer on how to find an approved contractor).
Schneider is a global company, with a large range of commercial products and a huge distribution network.
Should be shipping end of this week, so availability is next week, according to my local distributor.

Updates as I get them.
Sacto area.
JasonT

Visual wrote:18-month warranty is standard, 24-month if installed by approved contractor (waiting for answer on how to find an approved contractor).
Should be shipping end of this week, so availability is next week, according to my local distributor.
Any more info on this? I've contacted Schneider and got a response last week from a Melissa Golden. She said that she's looking into who is working on certifications and who will be certified in time (My current date is "week of April 11th"). The only date I've been given for release of the unit is still April 7th.

Oh, and EVDRIVER, if you're still following this thread, is there a chance the title could be renamed to "Schneider EVSE"?
Visual

I heard back from Schneider - they are still "working on a list" of approved contractors, but said this link http://products.schneider-electric.us/s ... 26800ae93f
has a brochure describing how to get certification - presumably any professional electrician can get certified fairly easily (looks like it requires attendance at a webinar).

They were ready to ship me a unit, but I held off since I'd really prefer a 25-ft cord.
Sacto area.
JasonT

My EVSE has arrived at my local Schneider dealer. I hope to be picking it up today or tomorrow morning, and I will post pics for any that are interested. I'm not usually a "take new things apart" guy, but if there is interest I might be willing to take it apart and take additional photos as well.

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”