2014 Leaf does not start

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zmaestro74

Hi everyone, I have a 2014 Leaf, the air conditioner compressor's 30A fuse is blown. (in the PDM) I installed a new fuse, the car does not start after switching on. The fuse didn't blow, but I measured the compressor for a short circuit. I removed the compressor HV connector, unfortunately it won't start either. I read DTCs: Brake fault, ABS fault, EV/HEV fault. :shock:
I replaced the brake unit, ABS, cleared the DTCs, now it won't start either. Now: EV/HEV CAN error. Is VCM bad too?

Those DTC's could be caused by CAN Bus communication errors from a bad control module, a locked-up control module, or a weak 12V battery causing one or more of the control modules to lock up or not communicate. You could try clearing codes, disconnecting 12V battery, reconnecting 12V battery, clearing codes, and then repeating the process at least two times before replacing any more parts.

The Leaf will not start without all HV connectors connected, they have an interlock circuit to prevent HV components from being energized when exposed. It can be possibly bypassed, look for Dala's video on a budget battery swap where he blocks out the PTC connector on the battery.

Back