Colorado Electric Vehicle Fast-Charging Corridors

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turns out that only the two new Chargepoint units in Ouray are 200 kW. The other two pedestals got the same older units (shared 165 kW) that were there before. Nevertheless, four stalls to choose from is pretty good for a CCS installation in a remote location.

May change if Chargepoint decides to support the Tesla NACS standard, now that Ford and GM have adopted it for future vehicles.

Just outside Colorado but I am hearing Moab fast charger will not be fixed. Only Tesla with magic dock is available. Means we have to hit green river before heading down. Came up with my eclipse trip in Utah recently.

salyavin said:
Just outside Colorado but I am hearing Moab fast charger will not be fixed. Only Tesla with magic dock is available. Means we have to hit green river before heading down. Came up with my eclipse trip in Utah recently.
If you are able and willing to use the Magic Docks, it is only 113 miles from Grand Junction. No need for a side trip to Green River.

dgpcolorado said:
If you are able and willing to use the Magic Docks, it is only 113 miles from Grand Junction. No need for a side trip to Green River.

My understanding is "magic docks" are CCS only. Just so you remember this is a LEAF forum which use CHAdeMO. The previous charger we had in Moab was marked won't fix on plugshare https://www.plugshare.com/location/190564 . It was at 400 N 100 W St. in Moab and was a chargepoint it is still in a better route planner which keeps trying to send me there. From there I could make it to Monticello and from there to places like Natural Bridges and back. I am one of the weird long distance LEAF drivers in the Denver area. Caroline Bray takes her 40kw LEAF around as well, you can see her photo in green river she is very public with her youtube and boards at ev shows (you may have met me at some events as well). https://photos.plugshare.com/photos/1097166.jpg not sure why they will not fix it.

Back