What can leaf spy do in terms of additional settings changes on a 2022 Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dobalina

I recently got a 2022 SV plus and have seen a lot of people post about Leaf Spy. I don’t know if J really need the extra data monitoring and stuff, but I saw a few posts referencing additional
settings leafspy can access thst aren’t available normally though the standard system.

On a 2022 leaf what are some useful settings that can be adjusted or am I mistaken that leaf spy can do this?

One thing I’d like is to just totally disable FM and AM radio. I’ve messed with the settings and still every once in a while the radio will start blasting if I disconnect my phone or if I forgot to turn off the audio system before turning the car off.

I’m also curious as to what the cheapest setup to get leafspy working would be. I was looking here https://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/wiki/leaf-spy-pro/ but I’m not sure exactly what equipment is 100% necessary for it to function. Is it ONLY the OBD2 Bluetooth scanner and the app that is required?

One thing I’d like is to just totally disable FM and AM radio. I’ve messed with the settings and still every once in a while the radio will start blasting if I disconnect my phone or if I forgot to turn off the audio system before turning the car off.

My 2019 radio does the same thing, comes on at odd times related to charging a phone. (or not).... I have not found any way with LeafSpy to change that but I am no expert. LeafSpy can change the way the doors lock and unlock but we have gone back to factory settings for that anyway. LeafSpy has been most useful for geeking out on energy use so unless you plan to do that.....

I use this OBDII device with an iPhone 6 that I retired. It works well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0755N61PW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In addition to monitoring battery health,, battery temps, and real range etc, With leaf spy you can
Change lock/ unlock setting for your doors
Change delay for interior lights
Change headlight auto off timer
Change headlight auto on sensitivity
Disable drive sound when driving soow
Disable reverse beeps
Read DTC codes

tomas47 said:
LSP cannot disable forward or reverse sounds in 2021 and later models.

It's interesting that Nissan locked that out, but I imagine their lawyers are well aware of the utility uses of LeafSpy :shock:

Flyct said:
Change headlight auto on sensitivity

Can LeafSpy set the threshold even lower than what is normally available? My 2018 has 5 settings, but the most sensitive setting is not sensitive enough for me.

Back