Official Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV SUV thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I understand getting what you want vs. Something similar. Enjoy the Rav4.

I would actually like to do a side by side with Rav4 hybrid (sister), Outlander Phev (Mother), Rogue turbo 3(Wife) for a eco mpg show down.

Ok, so I got to drive my mom's outlander on a pair of 15 mile drives this week, one slow stop and go, the other freeway.

As she drove down from WI the car arrived with a depleted battery, which I thought would be a good chance to see what the hybrid side of the phev would do.

We had a nearly full car (6 Adults) including use of the 3rd row in both directions. 3rd row once you set up 1st and 2nd row is manageable for adults under 5'6". My son at 5'9" was bumping his head. Mom and daughter were fine from a head room perspective.

In the stop and go with AC going for the cabin we got about 28mpg. I wasn't baying it, as the construction laiden interstate 94 into Chicago is maddening these days. It also showed 2.8 miles/kWh. I don't exactly know if the ev efficiency is separate from the mpg, or a subset. Would need to do a full tank long drive to get a true feel for that.

On the way home, it was well after evening rush, so could drive at full speed. The car reported 32mpg and 3.2 miles/kWh.

A proper road trip is coming in a month, so will get some better stats then.

Small non ev update on the Rogue. We drove a very similar route as what we did in November between Skokie and Milwaukee area. In Nov. The Rogue saw 34-35mpg per dash. In June with mid 70s, we saw 40mpg going up and 41mpg coming back. Pretty good for a small ICE SUV. I did keep it at 70mph similar to Nov on the highway section (a bit slower until I was on the spur).

Funny enough the GOM on the Rogue is just as goofy as with EVs. It showed 588 miles of range on a 14 gallon tank. Pretty optimistic.

Back