Error codes

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abdullah76

Hello every one;;

Newly bought 2015 leaf. and test it on OBD. these error codes comes out; any idea what they are and what shall i do;
thanks

pnhmtjPpj

pnxUMwkoj

The C1706, 1707, 1708, 1709, and 1719 are either low tire pressure warnings or data error issues from the sensors. Nissan recommends 36 psi so inflate all four tires to at least that pressure. For better handling and tire life, I recommend 42 to 44 psi. Do not exceed the maximum shown on the sidewalls of the tires and make sure all four are at the same pressure. Then use LEAF Spy Pro to clear all of the DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes). The quick charger error codes could have been left from a failed charge session where the charger and car did not communicate properly or the charger did not respond to commands from the car.

Drive the car for a while after inflating the tires and clearing the codes. If the tire pressure sensor codes come back, then you may need to replace the sensors because their internal batteries may be failing.

The other possibility is that the 12 volt battery is failing or undercharged. (The voltage shown on LeafSpy is from the DC-DC converter powering the car when it's on.) Turn the car off, let it sit for 20-30 minutes, leaving the hood latch released. Then open the hood (not the car door) and put a multimeter or voltmeter on the battery terminals. If it reads at least 12.2 volts it's ok. Lower than that and you may have an issue with the 12 volt battery not being charged well.

Thanks all...
regarding the sensors, i went to a car maintinance and test them... all were fine... however, i did the tire registration, and it starts to read the correct PSI>>

the other codes i will try clear the DTC... but what choice should i use? BCM,...etc?

Abdullah76 said:
Thanks all...
regarding the sensors, i went to a car maintinance and test them... all were fine... however, i did the tire registration, and it starts to read the correct PSI>>

the other codes i will try clear the DTC... but what choice should i use? BCM,...etc?

I always step through all of the control module choices to make sure I clear everything. Going from memory, I think BCM will clear the tire pressure sensor errors. The DCQC communication errors are under one of the EV system modules--CHARGER, I think. Select the first module, clear codes, read codes, then select the next module and repeat the process until you get through all of the modules or until the screen shows 'Ok None" for all of the modules.

Back