Independent Leaf mechanic in Los Angeles

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ihalsema

The closest Nissan dealer is too far away and I'm fed up with their service. Are there any independent shops in Los Angeles that will maintain a Leaf?

What sort of work do you need?

One advantage of an EV is that most of the complicated systems found on a traditional vehicle, especially the internal combustion engine and transmission, are not present.

The remaining systems such as the brakes, coolant, reduction gear, or tires are quite simple and can be dealt with by any mechanic, including most at-home DIYers.

The only time I would consider taking our Leaf to a mechanic or Nissan dealer is if there was an issue with the electric motor or battery pack.

Thanks for the advice, but at my age (77), arthritis makes it difficult to get under my Leaf.
I'm looking for a mechanic who will do the easy stuff, like change brake fluid, check brake lining, and change reduction gear oil. Also, I understand the battery should be checked once a year.

Back