New to me 2017

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxford

Just picked up my 2017 Leaf on Sunday. Trying to figure out if Nissan Apps work (haven't had any luck putting my VIN in to them) or if I can even sign up as a Nissan owner on their website (once again, says problem with the VIN and 2G/3G discontinued). Any help?

Since 3G service is no longer available in the US, the TCU is most likely useless.
You might want to check out the OVMS thread if you want a remote alternative for Gen1 Leafs, because Nissan has not provided an upgrade path for those cars (e.g. modem updates).

What trim level is the car? I was disappointed to find out (after I bought my 2017 S), that that trim level does not interact with the app (thus can't do remote charging/heating, etc.).

"The 2017 Leaf comes in three trim levels: S, SL, and SV. In addition to basic essentials such as Bluetooth and cruise control, the entry-level Nissan Leaf S model comes with heated front seats and automatic climate control.

Mid-tier Nissan Leaf SL models present the best blend of features and price for most buyers. Its upgraded infotainment system contains a larger display, the NissanConnect EV telematics system (which lets you connect to many of the EV settings using your smartphone), and a navigation system. Standout features of the top Nissan Leaf SV trim include leather upholstery and heated rear seats."

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/nissan/leaf/2017#:~:text=The%202017%20Leaf%20comes%20in,and%20price%20for%20most%20buyers.

Mid-tier Nissan Leaf SL models present the best blend of features and price for most buyers. Its upgraded infotainment system contains a larger display, the NissanConnect EV telematics system (which lets you connect to many of the EV settings using your smartphone), and a navigation system. Standout features of the top Nissan Leaf SV trim include leather upholstery and heated rear seats."

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/nissan/leaf/2017#:~:text=The%202017%20Leaf%20comes%20in,and%20price%20for%20most%20buyers.

I realize the mistake is in the article and not your mistake but SV = mid-level and SL = top-level.

Driver8 said:
What trim level is the car? I was disappointed to find out (after I bought my 2017 S), that that trim level does not interact with the app (thus can't do remote charging/heating, etc.).

"The 2017 Leaf comes in three trim levels: S, SL, and SV. In addition to basic essentials such as Bluetooth and cruise control, the entry-level Nissan Leaf S model comes with heated front seats and automatic climate control.

Ours is the SL with leather and heated rear seats. But no app access anymore I am hearing.

Back