crashed(airbags deployed)2014 leaf won't charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoYo

I've bought a crashed(airbags deployed)2014 leaf and it won't charge. Have followed correct steps and charger stays in ready mode. 12v battery is charged and the car drove fine off trailer. I read something the battery may disconnect in an accident for safety. Wondering if this has happened, if I need to rest air bag codes or something else.
Car has 9 bars of battery capacity, is 30% charged and has done 29000klms.
Thanks in advance for any good advice.

If the HV battery was dead it wouldn't drive.

If the 12v was dead it would not turn on (once off).

I know that isn't a lot of help...

I've bought a crashed(airbags deployed)2014 leaf and it won't charge. Have followed correct steps and charger stays in ready mode. 12v battery is charged and the car drove fine off trailer. I read something the battery may disconnect in an accident for safety. Wondering if this has happened, if I need to rest air bag codes or something else.
Car has 9 bars of battery capacity, is 30% charged and has done 29000klms.
Thanks in advance for any good advice.
Did you ever figure this out? I just bought a crashed Leaf and it's doing the same. It will beep when you plug it up but the charger's green ready light is the only thing that is lit.

Some things that I have seen as well. If the green ready light comes on but it will not charge use Leaf Spy to reset the trouble codes then disconnect the 12v battery to reset the entire system. Wait a few minutes and reconnect the battery. If it still will not charge we would need to see the status lights and codes that are still on.

Back