16 LEAF SV is this a good deal???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxford

Looking for a daily commuter for my son going back and forth to high school. Local (non Nissan) dealer has a 16 SV with 63k miles. From the pics looks like 10 bars left on battery. According to Carfax, it appears the car has always been in the Pac NW (so relatively mild climate). It appears the dealer changed rear brake pads and rotors and put on 4 new tires. Priced at $12,998. Thoughts, concerns, etc? Thanks

That car should have a 30kWh battery so it should have a 8 year/100k mile warranty. If the range works $13k sounds like a decent deal and there is always the chance that the battery will hit 8 bars before 8 years in which case you could get a warranty replacement 40kWh battery. That's a big if at this point so check if the range will work. In case you don't know, range suffers in cold weather and batteries degrade over time so plan accordingly.

I wouldn't say it's a great deal (I bought a 2017 with 12 bars in CT in Sept 2020 for $16K, but the market has been all over the place since then).

The range seems like it would be enough, but that does seem like a good chunk of money for a high school car. One plus is that the Leaf would be a good lesson on responsibility (remembering to charge it.), and in general they are very low maintenance cars.
If it's just going to be a car for a high schooler (and you don't need it for other uses), I might look for an even cheaper, older Leaf with more limited range. At this point you're likely to be the last owner of the vehicle (older Leafs have limited resale value), so might as well try to get it on the cheap.

Back