Collision avoidance and lane departure lights flashing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorintri

23 SV+ here.

Today I went to local CM for an appraisal. Not sure what they did but when I got back the car, the collision avoidance and lane departure light were flashing continuously. Of course they CM folks were not able to turn off the warning lights and advised me tot take it to the dealer - YAY!

Left there, after about 10 more min of driving the lights turned off by themselves. Any ideas what caused them to go ON then later OFF? Is this normal? TIA

I also sporadically have this problem with my 2021 Leaf SV. The icon would flash continuously, but be normal the next day.

Did you ever find the cause or solution?

Hi all.
I have the same issue with my 2021 SV. So far, it seems to be happening at the dark.
I'll be at Nissan dealership tomorrow and will ask about it.

The Camera above the rear view mirror pointed forward can be blinded by a certain angle of light shining into it. You'll notice it at sunrise or sundown sometimes when the sun is low in the horizon and bright enough to be blinding. The Radar on the front can also be "blinded" by another Radar system. If it is the light that has the picture of two cars crashing and not the single car and object, then it means the system is temporarily blinded. You won't be about to use ProPilot stuff like Steering Assist or the Adaptive Cruise Control. That's why it can switch back to normal later when you drive in some other direction or location and the computer resets its sensors. If have the picture of the single car and an object colliding, that is the rear Sonar that is experiencing interference.

If you want to make sure you know which icon is which, go into your dash menu and look for the front and rear collision system settings. Turn off the front and notice which icons come up,then turn it back on. Do the same for the rear collision, turn it off, note what lights came up on the dash, turn it back on, etc.

Back