Station Charging Only?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elizkmar

Hello, newish owner of used 2012 Leaf with 67K miles and 9 bars. A few weeks ago, we noticed the car would stop charging before getting to 100%. Now it won’t charge at all at home, the fault light comes on immediately after plugging in or shortly after it charges for just a bit. But it will charge like normal at the nearby station, no shut offs or issues. Anyone have experience with this? Is it the charger itself or ?? Thanks!!

MillerLF said:
It might be better if you have it checked by the dealer.

By all means - but the dealer won't look at the outlet and home circuit. That would be an electrician's purview. A casual inspection by the owner, though, can reveal tel-tail signs like scorch marks and too-loose sockets. The dealer should be consulted if and when the outlet/circuit check out ok.

LeftieBiker said:
MillerLF said:
It might be better if you have it checked by the dealer.

By all means - but the dealer won't look at the outlet and home circuit. That would be an electrician's purview. A casual inspection by the owner, though, can reveal tel-tail signs like scorch marks and too-loose sockets. The dealer should be consulted if and when the outlet/circuit check out ok.

Sorry, I meant what causes not charging to 100% at home for possible battery issue. I agree with having an electrician check the home outlet.

Back