2012, Possibly replacement pack?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jatgm1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/383276816832?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=5-67Qmx9QE-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=pdt6GyGETvi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Is there a reason I can't wire 5 of these in series? Get 360v and get this rig Rolling?

I have a 2012 Nissan leaf. Can I somehow wire it directly in and get a high voltage switch and wire that in too?

Jatgm1 said:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/383276816832?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=5-67Qmx9QE-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=pdt6GyGETvi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Is there a reason I can't wire 5 of these in series? Get 360v and get this rig Rolling?

I have a 2012 Nissan leaf. Can I somehow wire it directly in and get a high voltage switch and wire that in too?

Basic problems.

1) power is 5760 W continuous max per unit. 28.8kW max for 5. Twice that for "peak". LEAF draws 80 kW. Sure, floored going up a steep mountain pass at 60mph, but I'd doubt is short enough to be "peak". Somethings is going to give. Not likely to be pretty.

2) Safety. High voltage DC isn't for everyone to work with. Need gear, training... 72 Volts is about the highest without special precautions. With 5 in series, you are 5 times that voltage.

3) CAN. The CAN bus communicates between the charger, the inverter and the battery. You would need to reverse engineer the communications so as to tell the inverter and the charger what they needed to know so as to not harm the battery and actually function.

Charger is going to be confused by the different cell voltage curve. And so on and so on.

What about five in the trunk connected in parallel to the original battery as an extender?

WetEV said:
Jatgm1 said:

Basic problems.

1) power is 5760 W continuous max per unit. 28.8kW max for 5. Twice that for "peak". LEAF draws 80 kW. Sure, floored going up a steep mountain pass at 60mph, but I'd doubt is short enough to be "peak". Somethings is going to give. Not likely to be pretty.

2) Safety. High voltage DC isn't for everyone to work with. Need gear, training... 72 Volts is about the highest without special precautions. With 5 in series, you are 5 times that voltage.

3) CAN. The CAN bus communicates between the charger, the inverter and the battery. You would need to reverse engineer the communications so as to tell the inverter and the charger what they needed to know so as to not harm the battery and actually function.

Charger is going to be confused by the different cell voltage curve. And so on and so on.

Is there an adapter I can add between the hv connector (between battery and vehicle) to add this extender? And how much range could I get from adding it?

Jatgm1 said:
Is there an adapter I can add between the hv connector (between battery and vehicle) to add this extender? And how much range could I get from adding it?

No. And failure to do things right will end in fire, injury or death.

If you need more range, buy a car with more range.

WetEV said:
Jatgm1 said:

No adapter. And failure to do things right will end in fire, injury or death.

If you need more range, buy a car with more range.

Back