ON the RUN EV charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toby

On the Run convenience stores in B.C. to get EV charging stations

Soon you’ll be able to EV all the way from Vancouver Island to Calgary.

Yes, they have CHAdeMO.

I like the business concept with “. . . convenience destinations where customers can shop, eat and use complimentary wi-fi while they charge their vehicles” My only problem with all this is that one requires a smart phone to access the chargers. No exceptions. We have a cell phone but it is just a phone. Cellular rates in Canada are among the highest in the world and I cannot justify the cost just to charge a car. We have an account with a competitor (FLO) and we have a card which allows us to access several charging systems in BC. We have also used chargers that accept ordinary credit cards.

Will the app run over WIFI from a smart phone with no service. It says WIFI is available at the charge stations.

I use an old cell phone on WIFI for several functions and save time on my current phone that has cell service.
For example:
1. Youtube while on treadmill and bicycle at gym.
2. As a radio to stream SiriusXM
3. As a timer
3. to play Solitaire (Turn WIFI off to avoid ads)

You should be able to get an older smart phone cheap. Mine is an Android Galaxy S5. I deleted all unused apps and services to make it faster and increase battery life.

Back