2016 SV Warranty replacement - can I get a 62kwh?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjhoule

Hoping someone had at least requested this. I currently have nine bars, but will likely be eligible for replacement later this year. I was hoping to be able to pitch in some extra cash and get a new 62kwh battery instead of the 40kwh one. Hasb anyone requested this from Nissan?

Thanks!

I'd say it is very doubtful Nissan will even consider that since the 62kWh battery is physically different than a 30/40 kWh pack so the mounting is different. A 40kWh pack will just 'bolt in' while putting a 62kWh pack into a 2016 requires fabricating some new mounts.

If you're really set on getting 62kWh you might be able to sell the new 40kWh pack and buy a used 62kWh pack and do the swap yourself.

If you're really set on getting 62kWh you might be able to sell the new 40kWh pack and buy a used 62kWh pack and do the swap yourself.

It's my understanding that Nissan keeps tight control over both packs during the warranty replacement process. The OP would have to wait until the 40kwh pack was fully installed, and only then might they be able to sell it.

^Agreed. It would be a lot of work but a 'brand new' 40kWh pack should be easy to sell for a good price. It would probably cover most of the cost of a used 62kWh pack so the only out of pocket cost would be the replacement work. But that is not trivial when retrofitting a 62kWh pack into a 40kWh car.

Back