Need advice on buying used 2014 leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmicone

Hi, I'm new to Leaf's and want to get your advice on buying a used 2014 with 110,000 miles for $5K dollars. I want the car to be able to drive at least 65 miles per charge for 3-4 years, enough time to do delivery work and pay back my loan... First, the Autotrader add says it has 84 miles, and the owner took this snapshot:

c4a1d1cc-4f56-4400-ba84-61603d7348a0.jpg

Can you tell me what this says about the condition of the battery and if it really has 84 miles of range?

Here is the full add:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=670607145

It has been driven in Southern California, and I'm planning to use it in San Diego.
I'm still working on the "Leaf buyers Guide", but assume I will need to use LeafSpy. Thanks for your opinions and advice.

Welcome. The capacity display (small bars just outside of the charge bars) indicates that four capacity bars have been lost. That 64 miles estimated range displayed is best-case, as in low speeds, no heat, no hills. A more realistic range for that car would be 45-50 miles. The battery warranty has expired. You need to keep looking, I'm afraid...

cosmicone said:
Hi, I'm new to Leaf's and want to get your advice on buying a used 2014 with 110,000 miles for $5K dollars. I want the car to be able to drive at least 65 miles per charge for 3-4 years, enough time to do delivery work and pay back my loan... First, the Autotrader add says it has 84 miles, and the owner took this snapshot:

c4a1d1cc-4f56-4400-ba84-61603d7348a0.jpg

Can you tell me what this says about the condition of the battery and if it really has 84 miles of range?

Here is the full add:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=670607145geometry dash lite

It has been driven in Southern California, and I'm planning to use it in San Diego.
I'm still working on the "Leaf buyers Guide", but assume I will need to use LeafSpy. Thanks for your opinions and advice.

Based on the snapshot you provided, the battery health of the 2014 Nissan Leaf with 110,000 miles appears to be in good condition. The battery capacity is at 84%, which means that it can still store 84% of its original energy capacity. This should be enough to give you a real-world range of around 65-70 miles, which is sufficient for your delivery work needs.

Of course, the actual range will depend on a number of factors, such as driving conditions, weather, and how you use the car's features. However, based on the battery health information, it seems like a good possibility that you will be able to get 65 miles per charge for the next 3-4 years.

Not sure what the previous commenter is talking about, but it's all wrong.
Listen to LeftieBiker and keep looking.

I have a 2014 Leaf SV with 75k miles and 11 SOH bars and even in that condition I would put the max range around 65-75 miles. When we bought the car two years ago I very carefully drove it around 80 miles to get home and was on "fumes" when I arrived. Certainly not something you would want to do regularly.

You may not find what you're looking for in an older Leaf with a 24 kWh battery.

Back