"The connection to the center failed" on brand-new Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgtyoder

Hello to everyone here! Just purchased my first Leaf (well, technically I purchased a used '22 and returned it to the dealer after 2 weeks, but that's another story :) ) The bad news is I am getting the dreaded "The connection to the center failed" message right away, with the slash through the car icon on the infotainment screen. (Pressing the SOS button fails to connect as well.) I searched through the forum posts here, and tried removing the Audio fuse for a few minutes, but that didn't help. I have an appointment with the dealer next week, but wanted to make sure there's no other quick tests I can do in the meantime. Thanks for any suggestions!

-Conrad

Can't help but https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/problem-with-nissan-connect-leaf-2023.14452/ seems to be the same or a similar issue.

cwerdna said:
Can't help but https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/problem-with-nissan-connect-leaf-2023.14452/ seems to be the same or a similar issue.

Thanks for the link! Yes, looks like the same issue. Ugh. I will cross my fingers and say a prayer to the appropriate saint for EV repair... 🙏

Well a few things have magically started working - I am getting the "gray car silhouette with sat waves" icon instead of the "gray car with slash through it", and some features of the EV Connect iOS app work... I think I haven't seen the "connection failed" message pop up lately... Not sure what exactly happened.

I have software rev 0348 - anyone else have a newer version?

Do you have a good cell signal? The Leaf uses 4g cellular and if, as in my case at home (valley location), there is no usable cell signal.

Yes, good cell signal - the car display shows anywhere from 2 to 4 bars consistently - it's just that the car wouldn't connect. As mentioned it is phoning home now, but not everything is yet working...

Dissappointed new 2023 Nissan Leaf SV Plus owner here. We took delivery on 02/13/2023.

Getting kiss of death message on the Navigation screen: "The connection to the center failed."

When I got in vehicle I saw the failure message and immediately asked the Dealer Sales Rep we were working with. The Rep stated that the message was due to the vehicle not being transfered to me yet. WRONG. That message is a hugh RED flag. Do not accept delivery of a new Leaf displaying that message.

Am now getting the run-around from Nissan. Nissan is either intentionally mis-representing/hiding this production defect or Nissan doesn't have the instituional intelligance to recognize a significant design flaw. IDK which is more concerning!

Nissan has a Consumer Affairs dept (800-647-7261), a NissanConnect dept (844-711-8100), a Service network (thru dealers), a Techline (Nissan corp) and an Engineering dept (Nissan corp) none of whom appear to me to communicate with each other and are quick to point fingers at the orther departments.

Ridiculous, unacceptable and state Lemon Laws apply.

I have tasked my attorney to begin invoking my claim for Lemon Law relief. This Lemon Law claim has to be handled in accordance with the Purchase Agreement and, as I live in Ohio, in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code. This process begins with a proscribed Arbitration procedure, according to my council.

Nissan seems to have a substantial manufacturing defect problem on their hands. I as a Nissan customer feel Nissan is not treating its customers fairly.

In addition, submitting a complaint to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (nhtsa.com) IMHO isn't appropriate as this manufacturing defect isn't a vehicle controllability safety issue (a wheel isn't about to fall off, for example).

Roger

Back