12 V Battery accessories

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeo1101

Hello MNL:
Besides starting the car, What accessories does my 2015 Leaf use from the 12 volt battery?
Aux Lighter port, Head lights? I did not see the answer and dealer didn't know?
Please make a list?

Joeo

It would be much easier to say what the 12v does not power, and that would be the traction motor and heater and air conditioner compressor. Anything else guys?

I think the battery warmers (if so equipped) are powered from the HV battery also. Also remember that the 12V battery is being maintained by the DC-DC converter so even though almost all the non-drive and non-HVAC components in the car are running at 12V, the 12V battery is being supplied with power from the HV battery as well.

To clarify: The traction motor, DC-DC converter (charges the 12V battery while driving and while charging the traction battery), resistance cabin heater, compressor for heat pump or air conditioner, and internal traction battery heaters (if equipped) are powered by the traction battery. Everything else is powered directly by the 12V system (including fans, coolant pumps, entertainment/navigation system, power steering, power brakes, and lights).

Back